Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PedalGo/QuicStick portable hand controls?

Blog Entries
    pictures of various old ones, the handle attaches to the ends of both the accelerator and brake. You can put them any way you want, left, right sides/arm. I chose to make push for brake and pull for gas for obvious reasons(weebles wobble and we DO fall down). Used square tubing on those as it was all I had available at the time. I will get pictures of both car and truck tommorow. You can make the attachments to the brake/gas any way you want.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries

more

one@atime arrrrr...

Blog Entries
    In the 2nd pic, initial set for a ranger and I just attached it to the brake and gas pedal as the controls you guys are talking about. Changed that to bolting to metal instead. I will unfuzz yer corfusion tomorrow with different pictures and clear explanation. Basically using one pedal as leverage to push/pull the other.

Blog Entries

use

sitting between the seats in a ranger, push brake, pull gas, easier to see that here. the key is the ball joint on the end. you can put it anywhere. I had my arm on the armrest and adjusted so it was like operating a joystick. I used these controls in a mustang, ranger and Kia hotrod lol

Blog Entries

If while driving around...

Someone says "break a leg!", you will know how to make a splint from scratch so you can drive yourself to the dr.

Very innovative. Do you have any pics of how they attach to the pedals?

Very nice fabrication job!
    How critical is it regarding pulling up on the throttle pedal when pushing down on the brake handle? I would think you'd have to move your hand over top of the brake push-rod?

http://www.amazon.com/Freedom-Staff-...=hand+controls

I have used most portables and have found these to be an excellent choice. The thumb type really hurt my thumb joints. Have driven many thousands of miles in many country's using the above. Only problem, I'm starting to find it tricky to attach to some newer cars pedals!

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/Freedom-Staff-...=hand+controls

I have used most portables and have found these to be an excellent choice. The thumb type really hurt my thumb joints. Have driven many thousands of miles in many country's using the above. Only problem, I'm starting to find it tricky to attach to some newer cars pedals!
    Those look much better than most temps. Does the chain, (is that a chain?) hooked to the brake attachment assembly have a purpose?
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Hey nonoise, how are ya?
    That chain is a backup safety for when your clamp falls off the brake pedal! I've never lost the clamp off the brake pedal, once or twice on the throttle but was no big drama.
    Personally I haven't seen or used another set of temps that I'm comfortable with. The one issue I found last month while back in Ireland, was fitting the throttle clamp to a few different newer car pedals. Even throttle pedals are made from molds these days so they tend not all to be flat on the back side. I added zip ties to get the warm and fuzzy