Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: The future of disabilities

  1. #1

    The future of disabilities

    I'm starting to notice a disturbing trend, the thought or hoped of a more accepted and accessible future for disabilities. That just gives me shivers. Short-term it is an admirable goal! Many strive for accessibility (although I wish we would all (and I mean all) make picket signs with the handicap symbol as a stop sign, and literally fought for a cure, that would be a "disabled revolution") Would we see results from that? Absolutely, would it happen overnight? No change never does. Would it be a miracle cure for every disability? Probably not not. But longer-term should we not be thinking and hoping for the eradication of ALL disabilities?! As much as some of us disagree with it, it's perfectly acceptable to live nowadays and say I don't need a cure, but to expect that of future generations is not acceptable at all!! SCREW hovering wheelchairs (other than for temporary fun, not for permanent placement!) let's avoid the initial suffering that we all go through and the life long suffering that we all go through some worse than others. And look for a fully regenerated spinal cord! So kids don't have to miss out with the other kids, because of one accident, sit through their prom,wedding in a chair. As good as some people try to make it, it's still tragic wether you want to believe it or not. Let's hope for brains that can be fixed and repaired from any kind of damage be it from a bad accident, a stroke, alzheimer's whatever. Let's hope amputee's can have their limbs regenerated. Let's hope a new form of ultrasound can not only pick up a problem or disability in a newborn child, but fix it before that new human being comes into our world. If I were to live till 80 years old Id hope I never see that fucking handicap sign ever again.

    Now tell me Is that not a better future to hope for? maybe even work towards!
    Last edited by JamesMcM; 12-05-2014 at 02:33 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Tbone57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    I'm starting to notice a disturbing trend, the thought or hoped of a more accepted and accessible future for disabilities. That just gives me shivers. Short-term it is an admirable goal! Many strive for accessibility (although I wish we would all (and I mean all) make picket signs with the handicap symbol as a stop sign, and literally fought for a cure, that would be a "disabled revolution") Would we see results from that? Absolutely, would it happen overnight? No change never does. Would it be a miracle cure for every disability? Probably not not. But longer-term should we not be thinking and hoping for the eradication of ALL disabilities?! As much as some of us disagree with it, it's perfectly acceptable to live nowadays and say I don't need a cure, but to expect that of future generations is not acceptable at all!! SCREW hovering wheelchairs (other than for temporary fun, not for permanent placement!) let's avoid the initial suffering that we all go through and the life long suffering that we all go through some worse than others. And look for a fully regenerated spinal cord! So kids don't have to miss out with the other kids, because of one accident, sit through their prom,wedding in a chair. As good as some people try to make it, it's still tragic wether you want to believe it or not. Let's hope for brains that can be fixed and repaired from any kind of damage be it from a bad accident, a stroke, alzheimer's whatever. Let's hope amputee's can have their limbs regenerated. Let's hope a new form of ultrasound can not only pick up a problem or disability in a newborn child, but fix it before that new human being comes into our world. If I were to live till 80 years old Id hope I never see that fucking handicap sign ever again.

    Now tell me Is that not a better future to hope for? maybe even work towards!
    Im with you. Cure it!!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbone57 View Post
    Im with you. Cure it!!
    +1

    Those were touching words James :'( I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemies.

    Regards

  4. #4
    Senior Member marvin_cr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    100
    James, if you organize and lead a 1,000,000 Wheelchair March, i will be there with you. convert some of that negative energy you have for good.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by marvin_cr View Post
    James, if you organize and lead a 1,000,000 Wheelchair March, i will be there with you. convert some of that negative energy you have for good.
    The Expression "yeah when pigs fly" doesn't do that justice majority of disables, I'd say at least 60-70% have taught themselves, or convinced themselves to be fine with their disability, I'd say most of them don't really care. Not to mention the ones that do want to help, but are too sick, or can't because of the number of Gimp reasons, Family problems, laziness, anything, or to nervous because they've become a recluse, and the crazies. After that Not many left.

    Negative energy, pfft i'm not a battery, the only energy we make is the energy that we process from food to make our bodies function. All we do is make choices and decisions. Based on the person that we are, that was created by many different choices we made on A lot of yesterday's. You can get cancer, die, win the lottery, stumbleUpon somebody you' ll love for the rest your life, be eaten by a shark etc whether it's sunny out, or gloomy out, happy, or sad. The only thing affected or even analyzed by this made up positive , negative energy crap is other human beings, especially the ones that actually believe that.
    Last edited by JamesMcM; 12-05-2014 at 08:40 PM.

  6. #6
    And there are many facets and beliefs or scams depending on your view.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/investig...tioned-n262701

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by c473s View Post
    And there are many facets and beliefs or scams depending on your view.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/investig...tioned-n262701
    Something real will come with time.

  8. #8
    Yes there will be something real one day. I wish the hucksters could be removed so people could direct their money to the legitimate. The frustration is having an objective tool that people could use to filter.

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    Something real will come with time.

Similar Threads

  1. the future...
    By dazonic in forum Computers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2006, 01:58 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-20-2005, 02:43 AM
  3. future
    By Isildur in forum Cure
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 08:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •