Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: bob clark

Blog Entries

bob clark

Hey folks,
    I got an email from BobKat's sister this am. I'm just gonna post it. I've had a lot of people dying on me lately, my life ain't smooth so I always wait til a better day to get in touch with some one. Don't do this, that perfect day AIN'T happenin'! Bob was my BEST friend, thought of him as a brother. We talked back and forth a lot less these past few years because of our 'health problems'. Spent some time on the phone last month with him and he was telling me it was to hard living in his house alone...that he had decided to sell his house and move in with his sister. I will send some of ya more but right now its hard to see. This planet lost one of her best Nov 12, 2014. That's for damn sure.

Hello Everyone,
    I don't know any of you but I know my brother Bobby leaned on many of you to get by when family just couldn't fully understand the hell that can come with SCI.

Thank you all for that. Bobby told me stories about some of you and it was obvious that some of you were truly friends to him even though he led a reclusive and restricted life.

In the past year Bob was getting worse and worse physically and mentally. It became clear he couldn't live alone for much longer. I am Bobby's sister Joanie and we lived over an hour away and I work many hours. I didn't see Bob very often but we texted and talked.

Well, we came up with a plan from my dear cousin who said she would pay for an addition on my little, old, and not handicapped accessible house for Bob! We were thrilled! Light at the end of the tunnel and all that. Bobby and I talked about how cool it would be living together...the plans for the room are here on my table. They are beautiful...he would be able to spin completely around without touching walls in the bathroom....but it will never be.

Bobby died Wednesday November 12, 2014. Two Fridays prior I called Bobby for the 4th day in a row and finally he answered. He sounded awful and asked if I could get him oxygen. I called 911 and we went to the hospital. Long story short Bobby had an already established very large tumor in mid-chest. It was strangling the airway into his left lung and gave him pneumonia.

Inoperable. Transferred to Hospice. He died in my arms.

Thank you all for being so kind to each other on this forum. Please keep it up and remember how fragile life is and how quickly we are taken away.

I like to think that Bobby is with our brother Rick and our Mom and Dad. He is whole again and pain-free. He's riding his motorcycle to the golf course...he's running with his dog and smiling on us.

Bob's sister,
    Joanie Conroy
    P.S. Please send to anyone else you think should know about Bobby. Like Bethany and Mary....not sure of names. Thank you.

I know he never knew, but I was one who benefited from Bob Clark's advice. Thank you Bob.

Dang I hate hearing this. I'll miss him for sure. My condolences Capn I know you two were good friends. May he rest in peace. Not a happy day hearing this.

I'll miss him, emailed back and forth a while ago, he was kind to me in my darkest hours.

ket

Bob was a great member to this community. Very sad to hear that he's died. My condolences to his family.

Our deepest sympathy to Bob's family and friends. He will be missed.

All the best,
    GJ & NL

Bob and I used to talk all the time. He was an amazing friend; so kind, so funny, so witty. Bob's the person who told me about Microcyn. I was the first to track down Vetericyn and he and I spent a lot of time figuring out how to make it work. So, in that very real sense, Bob is a big part of the reason I'm still alive.

For a long time, we used to lay in our beds in our different parts of the country and talk into the wee hours. The last one to fall asleep was the one to hang up.

I got caught up in my own stuff recently and we just didn't talk. Good bye Bob. I hope you and Summer have a nice reunion and a very long walk together.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Outstanding man and human being. A truly giving person. Ride free Bob
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Very sorry to hear this, but happy he's no longer in pain. Peace.

Very sorry to hear this, my condolences to his family.