Thread: checks?

checks?

Do many of you still use checks for paying bills? I haven't written many since I started paying online. I still have a ton of checks with my old bank Washington Mutual which is Chase now. I wonder if these checks are still good?
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

WaMu checks are still be accepted for paying bills. If Chase stops taking them, I'll probably close the account.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Thanks - good to know I can still use them.

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    Do many of you still use checks for paying bills? I haven't written many since I started paying online. I still have a ton of checks with my old bank Washington Mutual which is Chase now. I wonder if these checks are still good?
    I would call Chase. Checks have a routing number and an account number, either one of those (or both) may have changed since WaMu went under.

The checks should still be good even if bank was acquired. If you account number has not changed they should still be good, Banks will inform you if this information has changed and you need new things like checks. I just had ING account taken over. That account number remained the same. routing number did change. They did give me 1 free book of new checks.

WaMu went belly up and got acquired in 2008, which means these checks are six years old. I would call Chase before using them.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    The checks should still be good even if bank was acquired. If you account number has not changed they should still be good, Banks will inform you if this information has changed and you need new things like checks. I just had ING account taken over. That account number remained the same. routing number did change. They did give me 1 free book of new checks.

All online now, I only write a check to my pool guy, my landscaper, and pest control.

Routine Number should be the same. Your acct number may have changed.
    T3 Complete
    to my alarm: "quiet b*tch! I know what I have to do every two hr. Argggggg!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    WaMu went belly up and got acquired in 2008, which means these checks are six years old. I would call Chase before using them.
    I forget to ask the tellers if the checks are still good to use. But I have written a few checks and the businesses honored them without a blink. I still have 4 books to use up, I probably should order some free ones - I hope they're free.