Thread: gutting out a deer

gutting out a deer

Anyone have any hints on how not to get blood all over your wheelchair while gutting out a deer?

I have a back-up chair that i use to hunt/fish with. that'd be the best way. i do know that is u spray your chair with water before you get it bloody then it's easier to wash off after.

Make your friends do it.. lol That's what I do!
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

Quote Originally Posted by redroc2 View Post
    Anyone have any hints on how not to get blood all over your wheelchair while gutting out a deer?
    I don't believe this question has ever been asked before!

You might want to consider if it is really worth it to you to gut the deer. All four quarters can be pulled from carcass, most of the rest can be boned out fairly quickly. The main loss is ribs and I have never done a lot with them. This also assumes you consider heart and liver as guts like I do. Something to consider.

Yep, I'm a quad so don't even attempt it, but I have a friend that can quarter a deer on the ground without ever opening up the chest cavity. You'll lose the sweet meat(inside tenderloin) but it's so quick and easy when you're way back off the road. I would think a good para could master this technique.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein