Thread: Dragonfly has shipped!!

Dragonfly has shipped!!

Today I got an email from FedEx that they are shipping a 34# package from Rio Mobility to me.

It must be the Dragonfly I asked the VA for months and months ago. I'm very excited (thus my post). It's very cold here now (duh), so I probably won't have a good ride anytime soon, but I'll post more about it soon.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

...or Santa is getting some help and a head-start on Xmas coal deliveries. But you can use it to stay warm.

ahhhhh, new toys are good. Especially in the cold weather, they're an excuse to stay in and muck about wit them.

Congrats. I know the VA down there is far from perfect but it's good to look at it as half full, even if it's only 49%. Have fun. Maybe a studded drive tire for tearing to the market?

Great news hope all goes well. Both the dragon and the Firefly take forever to ship. It probably wasn't the Va holding up the order so much as Rio. I ordered 3 firefly's for my customers Rio told us it would arrive in a month and half took over 3 months. I will never do business with that company again very poor service. Happy riding!

Thanks Fedex tried to deliver it this morning while I was at the dr's. Now I must wait until Monday . . .
    Last edited by chasmengr; 11-21-2014 at 03:23 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

The Dragonfly arrived this morning (Saturday). I spent all day assembling it, which reminded me why I'm unemployable - assembly would have been a three-hour job when I was AB. That said, I have sure been enjoying myself. It's assembled now. In my youth I was an avid cyclist; it's been fun exercising my prior experience (touching base with my youth).

The Dragonfly is well built, sturdy, and has quality components (except the parking-brake handle). The instructions are out dated: some components have changed, and some features aren't covered. The only factory-assembly fault was the inner tube was installed backwards; it has an angled valve stem, which was inaccessible for inflation as installed; I switched the tube around. The geared hub has a bit more friction than I'd like when free spinning; I plan to check with a bike shop to see if that's normal - it may just be assembled too tightly - geared hubs are new to me.

When the weather cooperates, I'll go for a spin.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

No picture?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

what you can't go outside when its cold? Wear a hat (Wisconsin here..brrr)

Quote Originally Posted by juniorsenior View Post
    what you can't go outside when its cold? Wear a hat (Wisconsin here..brrr)
    I know you're teasing me. But I'm a bit sensitive about my status, and look for opportunities to share about chronic-illness fatigue.

I'm still recovering energy from simply assembling the Dragonfly three days ago. When I have sufficient energy, I do go out, but I need to very careful that I can get back home again especially with an untested new product. As an AB I worked construction outside year round for many years. I know how to dress for the cold, know my limits, and I have plenty of respect for the weather. My body is now both heat and cold sensitive; if I get stuck outside in summer or winter, I'm in serious trouble of not being able to function.

When my available energy and the weather balance, I will venture out to see how well and safely I can use my new toy.

Oh, and I have some pics - when I can get them from my phone to PC, I'll post them
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Congratulations on your Dragonfly Chas. We have a Firefly, and overall are also happy with Rio Mobility's quality of components for the price. We've had the same issue with the documentation not being correct. The good news is they continue to improve components, but it makes it hard to know what you have.

I hear you about having respect with the weather and your limits. My husband isalso extremely sensitve to both heat and cold. Take care, especially with your treatments going on. You don't want to get caught out far from home.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).