Thread: aisle chair at EVERY gate on US Airways

aisle chair at EVERY gate on US Airways

First off let me preface that the above is a statement by a nameless guy over the phone and I'm not sure I believe it, but it's pretty impressive if it is true.

I've got a layover in Charlotte (the greatest city on earth if you've never been, you should go), and I called ahead to make sure I could get on the plane. Guy tells me they have aisle chairs at every single gate... too good to be true, right?

What have you all experienced when flying?

For me as recently as a couple years ago I had to board last and delayed a flight about 20 minutes taking of because it took the airlines an hour and a half to locate an aisle chair (which I had called ahead about). Maybe I should have more faith, but it is an airline after all...

HA! They may have an aisle chair at every gate, but they do not have those people who operate them at every gate. The aisle chair does no good if no one is there to help you use them. I just flew with USAir last week and I waited for 25 minutes and through 4 calls for a person to get me off the plane.

Good luck!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

I gave up flying due to the aisle chair problem. Missed flights and had many nightmares, fighting to get off or on a plane. Chicago is the worst. I will say I had the best luck at very small airports. Their accomodations were excellent and on time. Bigger the airport , bigger the issue with isle chairs. Just my opinion from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliecoach View Post
    HA! They may have an aisle chair at every gate, but they do not have those people who operate them at every gate. The aisle chair does no good if no one is there to help you use them. I just flew with USAir last week and I waited for 25 minutes and through 4 calls for a person to get me off the plane.

Good luck!
    You were absolutely right, coach. They got someone for me with reasonable promptness, but I always budget at least 1:30 for a layover since I have to be last off, first on. Did a quick spin around the terminal though, and most gates did actually have an aisle chair ready and waiting, which is an improvement... might just be in Charlotte though.