Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacement Batteries for Permobil C500 - Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    Here's the best price I've found for MK gel batteries: https://www.caremedicalsource.com/Sh...ed-Gel-Battery

MK's are about the best you can get, it doesn't pay to buy the cheaper batteries because they don't last as long. I'm not sure if your chair uses group 24 but they also sell other sizes.
    RustyJames - Thank you SO MUCH for the link above! They indeed were the best price for these batteries and free shipping - yeah! Just as an update to the thread . . . the first batteries ($54/each) wouldn't fit, they were too small. So, they ordered a different one (AVM Brand - $157 each) with the terminal on the side. Yeah, we tried to replace them today and naturally they don't fit in the space due to the contour of the cavity in the chair where they go. So - off to Care Medical Source we went and we are going to order them via phone tomorrow morning. Unfortunately for some reason the site won't let us either sign up or log on. We keep getting the "log-in failed" when we try to log in, and when we try to sign up it says "account already exists" but there does not appear to be a way to retrieve the password, even though my husband doesn't think he ever signed up with them in the past! Hopefully that is the only "glitch" in the process. Thank you again for the suggestion!

Nicki, try calling them if you can't get anywhere online. Good luck with them and try not to run them down too low between charges, that way they'll last a long time.

Yeah, I think the mistake we made was charging them too often - which also causes them to not last as long. Old habits die hard . . . plugging in nightly not a good thing when you don't use it all day but just morning before work and evening after work. We will definitely be more careful this time!

One thing I accidentally ran across was another website that advertises MK batteries . . . http://www.replaceupsbattery.com/GEL-Batteries/MK-Battery-M24-SLD-G-FT-Pure-GEL-Replacement-Battery/

Anyone have any thoughts on that website???

Those are uninterrupted power supply type batteries typically used for computer/server systems. I'm not sure about using them in a Powerchair. But you can get all the info over at wheelchairdriver.com, that's the go to site for all things powerchair, especially when it relates to batteries.

Thanks again Rustyjames. Danny didn't have much luck in the online chat with the replace UPS battery place, so we had already decided to NOT go with them. He is going to call Care Medical Source tomorrow. I will give him the link to wheelchairdriver.com also.

Love this community! God Bless you!