Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replacement Batteries for Permobil C500 - Suggestions?

Replacement Batteries for Permobil C500 - Suggestions?

Just trying to find the best battery and price for the replacement batteries for a Permobil C500. This is Danny's "spare" chair, which he actually does use every day after he gets home. When he had to replace them in his last Permobil several years ago he got them at Sears, but they no longer carry these type of batteries.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Here's the best price I've found for MK gel batteries: https://www.caremedicalsource.com/Sh...ed-Gel-Battery

MK's are about the best you can get, it doesn't pay to buy the cheaper batteries because they don't last as long. I'm not sure if your chair uses group 24 but they also sell other sizes.

Thanks Rusty - we were hoping to get BOTH of them for less than $200! This is the first time the batteries have needed to be replaced in 6 years.

Nicki,

Good luck finding a pair of batteries (even brand X ones) for less than $200.00 as that is a very good price for MK gel's. Batteries were a lot cheaper 6 years ago!

NAPA Auto Parts actually was sufficient for our purposes . . . a little over $100 for two. We will take our chances with the NAPA brand. They were very helpful and said they sell these all the time. Thanks for the info!

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    The higher the Amp hour the better if they will fit. That is an excellent price for 73.6 am/h. Pretty heavy chair, definitely need group 24.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Nickib View Post
    Thanks Rusty - we were hoping to get BOTH of them for less than $200! This is the first time the batteries have needed to be replaced in 6 years.
    Since this is for a "spare" chair you might check with your DME. He might cut you a deal, have some seconds/blemished stock or returned stock that checked out OK or mismatched pair due to replacements. Just be sure to get warranty.
    Also, you might check local battery distribution center. Again, blemished or returned stock that has a warranty.

Any suggestions for keeping a spare chair's batteries to top condition?

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    I am going to put my Frontier X5 in storage and I think that we'll charge the batteries then disconnect them. No clue if they will still be good or how long they will last.

I have 2 back-up powerchairs and charge the batteries for 24 hrs the first day of the month. My Omegatrac batteries were 5 years old when I had to give it away.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 11-16-2014 at 08:13 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

@ Wes,

If you're going to leave them hooked up it would probably be best to charge them once a week, otherwise, once a month will probably suffice.