Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried Golz TWIN-STAR Exchange wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    How would you compare them to Spinergy?

Any noise, squeaks, pops, rattles?
    They seem a tad heavier compared to Spinergy. However, nothing major.

No noise, squeaks, pops or rattles thus far.

One thing I really like is removing/replacing tires is a breeze. Not sure why, but always had one heck of time doing this on my Spinergy wheels.
    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

Thanks, that helps. I think the wheels look great. My experience with LX has been really good and they are very light. On changing tires, geez it's tough with Schwalbe Marathons. I get better every time but they're no joke. Pr1mos and Continentals are a breeze, five minutes.

Since I've done so well with the Spinergys I am leaning towards staying with what I know works and the LK X-Laced are great looking. Well, I don't have to decide today. I'm paying out-of-pocket and still have some time.

OH great, I just got those with my new ZR! I looove how they look. So far so good. Hopefully nothing goes wrong where I need to get repairs.

Spinergy FTW!
    Golz are much heavier, you can't get in touch with German factory to order spokes in different color (several mails sent), and I had trouble with twisting the spokes, and one hub changed color.
    http://

Only good thing is hub with, they are thinner than Spinergy, so you can get narrower chair.

I'm waiting X-laced LX's that I ordered, will come back with feedback!
    Last edited by Nick87; 12-12-2014 at 05:02 AM.

Nick87,

So the Spinergy LX X-Laced are available, that's great. Thanks for the news. I expect they'll work as well as the LX. If I can, I want to get a pair. Dealing with chairs and parts first.

When I ordered my TR3, almost 2 years ago, I did order it with LX wheels. However, also order with 26" rim. When chair was built, Ti changed the wheels from LX to SLX specifically because of flex, hey told me. They said there were not enough spokes to make the LX in 26". Number of spokes went FROM 8 to !2 specifically to maintain the flex. I really have have no issues with the wheels.

I know this is old, but grommet did you ever hear back as to whether the D's locks will work with the lx X-laced hubs? Are the hub rings exactly the same as the lx?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad09 View Post
    I know this is old, but grommet did you ever hear back as to whether the D's locks will work with the lx X-laced hubs? Are the hub rings exactly the same as the lx?
    Geez, I can't remember. Steve Holub own D's Locks and he answers the phone when you call. Could you call him and ask? He doesn't get around to email nearly as well but he will stay with you on the phone as long as needed. He really supports is product.

I am running Spox wheels now and I like them better than the Lx's I had. I have not tried the X-Laced, though they look great. I haven't mounted my D's Locks on to these wheels, I have still have them my old pair. I am using some scissor brakes. I go back and forth. Really I prefer the simplicity and reliability of the D's Locks - they always work. But with Spinergy wheels there is fore and aft motion because of the flexible spokes. With the scissors I lock at the tire and the chair is stopped.

If you do find out about the X-Laced wheels and D's please report in. Steve usually just has to make a mount but I don't think he will do that unless he expects to make a production run so it's worth it. He'll tell you though.

I talked to Steve yesterday and he said the hub rings for the X laced wheels are the same as the lx wheels. He did say that the "spoke flex" is greatly reduced on the X laced wheels. So they shouldn't rock back as far when the locks are engaged.