Thread: MAUI, Wheelchair accessible condo for rent

MAUI, Wheelchair accessible condo for rent

Disabled folk and people who know and love them, know that a good holiday for the disabled person starts with good accessibility. If accessibility is hard, then the disabled person cannot relax and totally enjoy themselves. I am not talking about wheelchair accessibility that an able bodied person says is so but TRUE wheelchair accessibility. Our condo is an accessible groundfloor unit owned by myself, Bruce Bernhardt, who has been in a wheelchair for 31 years (C5/6 Quadriplegic) and who renovated this 2 bedroom 2 bathroom unit so it really works for my needs. Roll in shower, roll under sink, grab bars by the toilet and in the shower, all within the master bedroom's ensuite so you have total privacy from the rest of the unit. The accessible ensuite is also big enough that you can turn around in a wheelchair, not like some other "accessible bathrooms" I've seen in my years in a chair. The King-size bed in the master bedroom is on legs not a platform so guest who need to use a patient lift can access the bed and both sides of the bed are accessible for transfer. These are all details that I know after all these years in the chair that a non disabled person doesn't. Both entrances are level entry with proper levered door handles, remote control ceiling fans, touch control lights, remote control drapes, and accessible dining table and computer table (not knee knockers). Details like tile floors not carpeting, kitchen plates and dishes in lower shelves for easy access not in the higher non accessible cupboards, and furniture placement to enhance manoeuvrability not hinder it. Place all these details and more in a nicely appointed 2 bedroom 2 bathroom unit that can sleep 6 only 100 feet from the ocean on Maui and you have a truly fantastic holiday for anyone who is disabled or has a family member who is disabled.
    The unit itself is beautiful. Tile floors, new furniture with a tropical flair, remote control drapes and ceiling fans. Exotic wall sculpture of the Hawaiian island chain, 32 inch flat screen TV, DVD and CD stereo with surround sound. Free wireless internet and free telephone calls to the mainland and Canada. Well equipped kitchen with all the necessities like coffee maker, toaster, microwave plus lots more including rice cooker, coffee grinder and of course access to the complexes 2 gas bbq's which are oceanfront. The complex is small and private with only 23 units and is the last complex on the street and is right on the beach with sugarcane behind. If you'd like more info on my condo along with a google map of accessible activities on Maui check out our website at www.mauiaccessiblecondo.com

My winter dates are already booked but starting in spring time it is available Sunday May 17, 2015 to Saturday June 13, 2015 and then Monday July 27, 2015 Saturday September 12, 2015. I also have a 6 night opening from Saturday June 20, 2015 to Friday June 26, 2015.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by bruceofmaui; 10-26-2014 at 04:13 PM. Reason: grammatical error