Thread: Uplift power seat modification

Uplift power seat modification

Seat lift build help request:

This project has been on my todo list for a while as I have not come to a solution on how to do it.

I come for help. I use this 110 volt chair riser for a lift to get back into my chair off the floor. I have long had a desire to convert it to battery power, 12 or 24 volt, 12 preferably due to size and weight.

That tiny motor has a gear on the output end which I might be able to use by tearing apart the motor and using the armature in a portable electric drill. But I am not optimistic about doing it that way. I really want to do this using a servo type motor. Anyone have an idea how?

Wish I had two of these so it wouldn?t matter if one got destroyed due to curiosity tinkering.
    Name:  uplift.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  204.4 KBName:  uplift cover off.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  232.9 KBName:  uplift cover off.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  232.9 KB
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

how many rpm's is it?

There are many small gear motors out there to pick from.

Jim
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    I would need to convert up to 110 not down. But I do have a 12 to 110, I think it's called an inverter somewhere here that might work. This thing can't draw much. thank you, hope I can find it.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
    how many rpm's is it?

There are many small gear motors out there to pick from.

Jim
    There are no markings anywhere. Maybe I can calculate the final drive rpm. It takes about 18 seconds to completely rise or descend the seat. I counted 75 thread turns that appear to get used in the process of movement on the long push arm in the picture above. You can see more than half of them on the left side of the picture. I assume each thread would represent one revolution. If so, 75 turns per 18 seconds is 250 rpm (edited to add) of the final drive shaft rotational speed.
    Last edited by nonoise; 11-07-2014 at 02:24 PM.