Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Invivo therapeutics

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    Good video, the only thing is the scaffold technology won't protect the neural stem cell from the harsh injection process. Which is an issue I would think. Has there ever been a successful glial scar removal surgery done in a human patient.?
    Where do you come by such ideas?

Glial scar has been removed in a human. It isn't practiced wide spread and there hasn't been an official human clinical trial run on the procedure that I'm aware of. The case on the patient surgically worked on by the neurosurgeon Pawel Tabakow was reported a couple weeks ago.

Have they put the scaffold technology into any human acute injuries yet? They've been talking about it for almost a year and a half.
    The first subject has been enrolled in the pilot study of its Neuro-Spinal Scaffold for the treatment of complete traumatic spinal cord injury (SCI) at the Barrow Neurological Institute at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix, AZ. The objective of the pilot study is to evaluate the safety and feasibility of the Neuro-Spinal Scaffold as well as to gather preliminary evidence of effectiveness. Dr. Nicholas Theodore, Chief of Spinal Surgery, Barrow Neurosurgical Institute and Medical Director of the Neurological Trauma Program, is a Principal Investigator in this study and implanted the first-ever Neuro-Spinal Scaffold into an acute spinal cord injury patient. I am excited about my participation in this important clinical trial, Dr. Theodore said. The surgery and Neuro-Spinal Scaffold implantation went smoothly and the patient is doing well at this time. I look forward to continuing to help evaluate this approach in patients with these devastating injuries.

As previously stated and per FDA requirements, the company will follow the first enrolled subject for three months before re-opening enrollment.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Where do you come by such ideas?

Glial scar has been removed in a human. It isn't practiced wide spread and there hasn't been an official human clinical trial run on the procedure that I'm aware of. The case on the patient surgically worked on by the neurosurgeon Pawel Tabakow was reported a couple weeks ago.
    From the article that Stanford university research lab made about polymer hydrogels, I'm pretty sure you posted it.

From the article that Stanford university research lab made about polymer hydrogels, I'm pretty sure you posted it.
    Uh...NO, not even because I don't buy the oversimplified theory and the way it's represented and interpreted (stem cell padding or should it be called scaffold stuffing?) For instance, even without scaffolding material, stem cells are routinely injected with a sophisticated cannula that is being utilized for superior cell delivery in human patients.

YOU posted an entire thread on it yourself: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...m+cell+padding The blog post was simply just an opinion piece written by Amy Adams... Here's the actual missing LINK that should have appeared in the original post. Amy does a great job in interviews, but in this instance, I think it's being oversimplified since it's a common attribute of scaffolding and people may now be thinking it's something all new and improved when it's really not. There's loads of various labs working on perfecting biomaterials and their delivery.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 11-03-2014 at 12:37 AM.

Maybe I misunderstood it. If they possess the largest amount of chronic injured rats due to continuously performing experiments of course it's nothing else but impressive. I don't really know the degree to which they perform chronic research on rats.
    Debating on CareCure is like participating in the special-olympics. You may win, but you're still disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Uh...NO, not even because I don't buy the oversimplified theory and the way it's represented and interpreted (stem cell padding or should it be called scaffold stuffing?) For instance, even without scaffolding material, stem cells are routinely injected with a sophisticated cannula that is being utilized for superior cell delivery in human patients.

YOU posted an entire thread on it yourself: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...m+cell+padding The blog post was simply just an opinion piece written by Amy Adams... Here's the actual missing LINK that should have appeared in the original post. Amy does a great job in interviews, but in this instance, I think it's being oversimplified since it's a common attribute of scaffolding and people may now be thinking it's something all new and improved when it's really not. There's loads of various labs working on perfecting biomaterials and their delivery.
    My apologies I thought it was you, it must've been one of the other avid cure posters like yourself because I didn't make that thread until I read the Stanford made article. That wasn't the exact article I read earlier, but pretty much the same idea, can't remember if it's the same doctor but I'm pretty sure it is. I'm referring to hydrogels not scaffolds. I've read a few articles where Stemcell researchers seem to address the fact that cells either die or dissipate from the injury site before significant regeneration can occur. They address that is a problem. So after reading these articles hydrogels I was hopeful that they were the solution. Because I've read they can protect the cells as well as keep them fixated at the injury site, and can administer time release of not only stem cells, but enzymes and/ or growth hormones. I'm almost certain the video where it talks about the time release smart material a.k.a. hydrogels was an invivo therapeutic conference video. With the original CEO, before they canceled the hydrogel clinical trial to focused on this scaffold trial.