Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trigger Point Injections

Trigger Point Injections

Has anyone had relief from them? 8 years into my SCI journey, my tricep decided to knot and spazz up on me causing my right arm to drive me to tears. All along my upper body spasms have been increasing, especially so in my occipital area. I actually didn't know they existed until my Dr mentioned it during my pump fill. I hate narcotics but had to give in and no muscle relaxers are working. I want an alternative but just unsure of all that botox.

However, it's getting done so has anyone had good results?

Did you try trigger point or deep tissue massage therapy first? I would want to do that prior to having injections.

(KLD)

I've done that for years now with my neck and shoulders but it's only short lived relief. I recommend that to anyone at first. It sure does hurt like hell but the end result is awesome.

I have cortizone injection every three months in both shoulders. I am a heavy weight lifter and they do wonders for my shoulders. I also use Lidoderm .05% patches along with bio freeze. Does wonders. I am not sure if we are on the same page. Best to all!

Have you tried any topical creams? I am a c5/6 complete quad w/ my fair share of pain and meds and my DR prescribed a topical cream for my back that can be applied 3-4 times daily and it has been very helpful! The cream has a mixture of substances in it like ketamine, baclofen, gabapentin, lidocaine, and others. I was in loads of pain but the cream has really helped.......just a thought!
    "The Task Ahead Of You, Is Never As Great As The Power Within You" www.chrisskinner.org

trigger point injections are into the muscle, different from steroid injections done into joints.

I've only had trigger point injections in my neck, and they didn't work for me. But I'd been told for years prior that they probably wouldn't. Ultrasound deep heat did more for me than the injections, wish I could get that at home! I use topical compounded creams as well.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

sry dragn down so peck typeing c4-5 bad bad legs tone/spasm botox 1oomg each hamstring 200mg each quad takes 2 weeks to work is great for 8 weeks 2 weeks of bouncing legs then start over. i can get botox every 3 months i love it been having it for 2 1/2 years knock wood no side effects hope this helps

skinner 6775 is there a name for the cream you use. I would like to try it. I tried solar cane but it didn't help.

compounded creams like described don't have names, they're made by a compounding pharmacy with the medications the Dr has requested to be added. You should discuss with your Dr wanting to try a compounded pain cream. Mine has a mixture of topical anesthetics, nerve pain medications, muscle relaxers, and anti inflammatories. Its applied 4x a day.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Does the cream work better than oral medications? I have tried most of the normal medications orally with little or no relief.