Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SCI-BC Weighs in on Cure initiative

Quote Originally Posted by taymas View Post
    AAAARGGH NO WAAAY

WHY?!

lol I'm going to try and watch the programme before I make a decision, but the title suggests some may not want to wall again etc... disappointed. Nice find Paolo, I'm surprised I didn't find it lol, as I usually watch documentaries on these channels.

Regards
    Is it just that these two women don't want to be bothered learning to walk again. Have they become comfortable in there little niche in life. I'm having a hard time understanding why they wouldn't take a treatment if it was offered to them. They do make a point to say everyone is different and everyone wants for different things in life. I would in a heartbeat take the fix.

I'm shock when she said:"Is it worth going back to running and skipping"

Quote Originally Posted by Tyran21 View Post
    I'm shock when she said:"Is it worth going back to running and skipping"
    I think they ment this treatment isn't going to get us running and skipping like they used to be, therefore it's not worth it.

yeah,you're right, i must have heard it wrongly.

Lol I know right! It's a shame that some in this thread are so easy dismiss this as branded activism...
    I have a lot of things to say about this subject, but while I think about what I want to say, I would like to ask Taymas what the meaning of "branded activism" is? I don't know if I don't understand due to my own ignorance or if English isn't your first language, but even looking it up on the internet doesn't help me understand what you're trying to say.
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

Quote Originally Posted by StemCells&AtomBombs View Post
    I have a lot of things to say about this subject, but while I think about what I want to say, I would like to ask Taymas what the meaning of "branded activism" is? I don't know if I don't understand due to my own ignorance or if English isn't your first language, but even looking it up on the internet doesn't help me understand what you're trying to say.
    Hi buddy,

Forum user 'ala' has coined the term - more so, it seems like he said it in reference to you! Read the first page

I would imagine, due to the context he used it in, you could relate the term to a "fanboy."

BTW try not to judge my English since I was using the term in response to the guy who came up with it - I shrugged my shoulder too. But using common sense, perhaps you should have read the definition of "brand" which would give you an idea of what he meant.

I take it English isn't your first language StemCells&AtomBombs?

Regards
    Last edited by taymas; 10-25-2014 at 03:41 PM.

Hi buddy,

Forum user 'ala' has coined the term - more so, it seems like he said it in reference to you! Read the first page

I would imagine, due to the context he used it in, you could relate the term to a "fanboy."

BTW try not to judge my English since I was using the term in response to the guy who came up with it - I shrugged my shoulder too. But using common sense, perhaps you should have read the definition of "brand" which would give you an idea of what he meant.

I take it English isn't your first language StemCells&AtomBombs?

Regards
    My comment was directed at you and any others pissed off at SCI-BC. It was a general statement directed at anyone criticizing others. We can't all agree, so stop picking on others just because they don't share your view. (Of course that's just my opinion.)

I wrote, "brands of activism." "Brand" in this context means a specific type or variety. Look up the definition of brand and you will see this as one definition. You said "branded activism" which could be taken to mean something quite different. In everyday, modern (colloquial) English that could mean something trademarked or widely recognized as proprietary.

My use certainly DID NOT mean "fanboy." You're just trying to direct anger towards me.

Quote Originally Posted by ala View Post
    My comment was directed at you and any others pissed off at SCI-BC. It was a general statement directed at anyone criticizing others. We can't all agree, so stop picking on others just because they don't share your view. (Of course that's just my opinion.)

I wrote, "brands of activism." "Brand" in this context means a specific type or variety. Look up the definition of brand and you will see this as one definition. You said "branded activism" which could be taken to mean something quite different. In everyday, modern (colloquial) English that could mean something trademarked or widely recognized as proprietary.

My use certainly DID NOT mean "fanboy." You're just trying to direct anger towards me.
    Brand: a type of product manufactured by a particular company under a particular name.

Explain how this differs from branded lol. The only difference being 'something of a brand' with the added '-ed.'

I made no suggestion that I myself was using colloquial language, or that you were. Anyway, thanks for clearing what you meant - there isn't any anger towards anyone I'm not picking on anyone - merely trying to debate the topic, using what others have said in this thread. Not that it would matter, but it seems a lot of users agree with the point of view I raised, to which you and anyone is free to disagree with - it just seems you have nothing of any constructive input or relevancy so far in this thread.

We can continue raising semantics, which would be pointless. I don't want to come across as hostile and say the above in good faith.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by ala View Post

Thank you. I wasn't trying to start an argument over this. I underatood what you meant but I just figured that branded activism said by Taymas was either something I wasn't aware of or that people had a different way of saying depending on where they lived. I must admit that Yaymas' little dig at people who describe themselves as activists on the last SCI BC thread did add to my confusion.

Also there are more people who speak english as a second language than are native speakers and even they have a different way of speaking English. I would never make fun of Taymas' English, but if you know where someone is from it helps and Taymas doesn't have that posted. Again, this is not always helpful as mine says Japan, but i was born, raised, and educated in Canada.
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King