Thread: Remove message from Exchange server... without a trace?

Remove message from Exchange server... without a trace?

I have a message that was sent to my work email account (Microsoft Exchange) that I need to make it as if it never landed in my inbox in the first place. I know just deleting it or even Shift+Del doesn't *really* delete it as anyone with admin privileges can still see/recover it.

is there any way that I can yank that message off of the server (perhaps moving it to my desktop) and have there be no way an admin can go back and see that it did in fact, at some point, exist in my inbox?

And in case it is a concern, this is not facilitating anything illegal or highly unethical... on par with a little, white lie.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

-dave

Unless you have administrator access to the exchange server there is no way to attempt this. In a lot of companies (like mine) it would be impossible due to compliance regulations (I work in the finance industry, health care has similar rules) even with administrator access. Even if not legally obligated a lot of companies for liability reasons prevent it.

That's what I was afraid of. So what's the closest I can come to this ...just Shift+Del?

*** c4/c5 incomplete *** Injured in Summer 2003 ***

Quote Originally Posted by daveh0 View Post
    That's what I was afraid of. So what's the closest I can come to this ...just Shift+Del?
    Yep. In that case it will only exist (if at all) in some backup and wont be accessible to you or anyone logging into your account.