Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: New "cure" from uk and Poland. Been posted yet

Still looking for acute clean cut knife wounds...

RESEARCH QUALIFICATION CRITERIA

• traumatic severance of the spinal cord, e.g. due to injury caused by a sharp object
    • confirmation of the severance of the spinal cord in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
    • total absence of all types of sensation and voluntary muscle mobility in areas provided for by the spinal cord below the point of damage (damage level ASIA A, Frankel A – in the event of uncertainty, the patient should seek the opinion of a local neurologist/neurosurgeon regarding the damage severity level)
    • age from 16 to 65 years
    • patient undergoing constant physiotherapy
    • high motivation and willingness to cooperate, no mental disturbances
    • willingness to spend three years (with breaks) in Poland (together with accompanying person)

Does that qualification include the willingness to let them open your head to get the cells from near your brain?

As with all trials I'm desperate for them to succeed, but unless they can find a better way of getting the cells I can't see it taking off.
    I would have thought solving the problem of how they get the cells would be a better start, if they can't get them in a less invasive way then why continue?

Thanks Sparky and Grammy. Only for cords severed with sharp objects hey? I wonder why? Smaller lesion?

I can cut mine, won't make any difference now.

Quote Originally Posted by greenseed View Post
    Thanks Sparky and Grammy. Only for cords severed with sharp objects hey? I wonder why? Smaller lesion?
    Well, perhaps. The clean cut is very thin and even. In a contusion injury, the site has broken axons splayed out and stretched in all directions. Usually resulting in lots of damage and the axons are no longer pointing in the direction in which they need to grow and reconnect. (This was in part why there was difficulty with replicating and translating the Davies animal studies). He was making very fine minuscule knife cuts to the cord rather than a more true to life SCI injury with a gauged impactor. I believe there has been much improvement with standardized injury models over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by niallel View Post
    I would have thought solving the problem of how they get the cells would be a better start, if they can't get them in a less invasive way then why continue?
    The surgery is indeed gruesome. They were at one time supposedly experimenting on cadavers to minimize the damage. I'm not sure where all that ended up.