Thread: wise I have a question about publication

wise I have a question about publication

it was said that you're publication was not accepted to a certain journal because the subject matter was "too specialized", it bugs me how that doesn't ring true. How is 'spinal cord injury ' too specialized '? It is a very common thing ...I am not questioning you ,I am questioning the journal ...is it because the study was done abroad ?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Same thought here, I understood it was not accepted more than one journal. It worries me, I've been visiting here in a daily basis for the past couple of years anxious for it to come out.

I'm very surprised how long it been taking since the end of th P-II trial, from data collection till now makes me feel that we're back to the paper notes, abacus, telegraph, typewriter,press ink printer to snail mail era.
    Last edited by Moe; 12-23-2014 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Same thought here, I understood it was not accepted more than one journal. It worries me, I've been visiting here in a daily basis for the past couple of years anxious for it to come out.

I'm very surprised how long it been taking since the end of th P-II trial, from data collection till now makes me feel that we're back to the paper notes, abacus, telegraph, typewriter,press ink printer to snail mail era.

Whoever said it ...it's kind of a flimsy excuse

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    it was said that you're publication was not accepted to a certain journal because the subject matter was "too specialized", it bugs me how that doesn't ring true. How is 'spinal cord injury ' too specialized '? It is a very common thing ...I am not questioning you ,I am questioning the journal ...is it because the study was done abroad ?
    Lunasicc42, it is a first time for me to have had a manuscript returned without review so many times. That is not the same as "not accepted" or "rejected" which means that the manuscript has been reviewed and found to have insufficient merit or interest to the potential readership of the journal. We will just keep submitting. There is no question that it will eventually be accepted and published. We just want it to be published in the best journals. It is not that unusual for an article take a year or more to be published.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Lunasicc42, it is a first time for me to have had a manuscript returned without review so many times. That is not the same as "not accepted" or "rejected" which means that the manuscript has been reviewed and found to have insufficient merit or interest to the potential readership of the journal. We will just keep submitting. There is no question that it will eventually be accepted and published. We just want it to be published in the best journals. It is not that unusual for an article take a year or more to be published.

Wise.
    Roger that