Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: wise I have a question about publication

  1. #1
    Senior Member lunasicc42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lutz, Fl USA*********C456
    Posts
    2,334

    wise I have a question about publication

    it was said that you're publication was not accepted to a certain journal because the subject matter was "too specialized", it bugs me how that doesn't ring true. How is 'spinal cord injury ' too specialized '? It is a very common thing ...I am not questioning you ,I am questioning the journal ...is it because the study was done abroad ?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

    "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

  2. #2
    Senior Member Moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Springfield
    Posts
    493
    Same thought here, I understood it was not accepted more than one journal. It worries me, I've been visiting here in a daily basis for the past couple of years anxious for it to come out.

    I'm very surprised how long it been taking since the end of th P-II trial, from data collection till now makes me feel that we're back to the paper notes, abacus, telegraph, typewriter,press ink printer to snail mail era.
    Last edited by Moe; 12-23-2014 at 04:55 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member lunasicc42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lutz, Fl USA*********C456
    Posts
    2,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Same thought here, I understood it was not accepted more than one journal. It worries me, I've been visiting here in a daily basis for the past couple of years anxious for it to come out.

    I'm very surprised how long it been taking since the end of th P-II trial, from data collection till now makes me feel that we're back to the paper notes, abacus, telegraph, typewriter,press ink printer to snail mail era.

    Whoever said it ...it's kind of a flimsy excuse
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

    "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    it was said that you're publication was not accepted to a certain journal because the subject matter was "too specialized", it bugs me how that doesn't ring true. How is 'spinal cord injury ' too specialized '? It is a very common thing ...I am not questioning you ,I am questioning the journal ...is it because the study was done abroad ?
    Lunasicc42, it is a first time for me to have had a manuscript returned without review so many times. That is not the same as "not accepted" or "rejected" which means that the manuscript has been reviewed and found to have insufficient merit or interest to the potential readership of the journal. We will just keep submitting. There is no question that it will eventually be accepted and published. We just want it to be published in the best journals. It is not that unusual for an article take a year or more to be published.

    Wise.

  5. #5
    Senior Member lunasicc42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lutz, Fl USA*********C456
    Posts
    2,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Lunasicc42, it is a first time for me to have had a manuscript returned without review so many times. That is not the same as "not accepted" or "rejected" which means that the manuscript has been reviewed and found to have insufficient merit or interest to the potential readership of the journal. We will just keep submitting. There is no question that it will eventually be accepted and published. We just want it to be published in the best journals. It is not that unusual for an article take a year or more to be published.

    Wise.
    Roger that
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

    "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Similar Threads

  1. a question for wise
    By lunasicc42 in forum Cure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2010, 07:10 PM
  2. Question for Wise
    By aurora7979 in forum Care
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-06-2010, 10:01 PM
  3. Question for Wise
    By Don D. 73 in forum Cure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 03:00 PM
  4. Question for Dr Wise
    By mommy23 in forum Cure
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 02:44 PM
  5. Question for Dr.Wise?
    By hemikid in forum Cure
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-21-2003, 09:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •