Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: loss of memory due to baclofen?

This scares me, newly on baclofen!
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Tell me what you know about Tizanadine please, and how it's different from Baclofen. Thanks!

Baclofen is a muscle relaxer and an antispastic agent.
    Baclofen is used to treat muscle symptoms caused by neurologic diseases including spasm, pain, and stiffness.
    Baclofen may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.

Baclofen may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert. Drinking alcohol can increase certain side effects of baclofen. Do not use baclofen at a time when muscle tone is needed to assure safe balance and movement for certain activities.

Tizanidine is also a muscle relaxer that is short acting. It can be taken up to three times a day and needs to be taken at a consistent time each day.

Both drugs have issues. I have seen patients on baclofen increase the number of times that they take the drug but lower the dose. This should be done in conjunction with your physician.

Remember all drugs are a poison - and you need to weigh the risks and benefits of each when you take them.

Hope that this helps some.

CKF

I have noticed nothing. I've been on it for like a decade. Also, the other one that was mentioned and also diazepam. Sharp as a...

Diazepam, also known as Valium acts on the central nervous system. It is helpful for managing spasms, but is not without it's problems. It can be addicting and although for many it is helpful, it should be used with respect.
    ckf

Chronic pain can also affect memory and concentration.

Signed

Exhibit A
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.