Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baclofen pump ticking!?

Baclofen pump ticking!?

I have had my baclofen pump (synchromed ii) since 2010. For the past few months it has been making a ticking noise every two seconds. It sounds similar to a clock ticking. I can hear it through my stomach when in a quiet room, its even louder with a stethoscope. Has anybody heard of this happening before? Here's a link so you can hear it...http://youtu.be/RVAsVUqkqNE

And no, there have been no alarm tones sounding from my pump that I am aware of.

Thanks!
    Mag

There are rotors that turn but I have never heard of anyone hearing them& I have never heard them. Are you really thin? Call Medtronic and ask them?
    My wonderful Medtronic rep is on vacation or I would ask her!
    CWO

My pump makes exactly the same sound! I've never noticed it before but since i'm having other pump-problems I am focussed as hell.

Is it something to worry about?

Mine does too. I haven't called Medtronic to ask but I do not think it's anything to worry about. I've been going on 2 years with it and no issues.

Weird I have had mine for two years never heard the ticking. Only thing i have heard is the alarm when my meds are low

Meanwhile I've heard some other pumps ticking too. That's a bit comforting!

I hope you called your provider and/or Medtronic to discuss with them. Hearing ticking - or anything- is not normal!
    CWO

I've heard that before. I think it's some kind of alarm to let you know the batteries are getting low. I'm pretty sure I had mine replaced after I start hearing that. Maybe you can e-mail someone at Medtronic with that and see what they say
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

It's this sound! Sometimes i can even hear it when I'm in a quiet room. With a stethoscope you can hear it much better.

My consultant say it's the rotor and nothing to worry about.

Please check out my other post too: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...65#post1766265

Man oh man, the ticking is driving me crazy at the moment. It's constantly there. I can even hear it when I am trying to fall asleep.

Other ticking pumps around here?