Thread: Hydrocodone Combination Products will be Schedule II on 10/6/14

Hydrocodone Combination Products will be Schedule II on 10/6/14

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2014...2014-19922.pdf

30 day written supply. No call-ins except for possibly a 72 hour emergency supply.
    A doctor can issue multiple Schedule II prescriptions at one office visit and write "Do not dispense until..." to provide up to a 90-day supply of medication. This will be at the discretion of the doctor. An office visit will be needed if the Rx needs to be extended beyond 90 days.
    Prescriptions issued before October 6, 2014, and authorized for refills may be dispensed, as long as the dispensing occurs before April 8, 2015.
    Last edited by 2drwhofans; 08-26-2014 at 03:22 PM.

It's getting to be a real pain in the ass having bureaucrats regulating chronic pain medicine. Makes me want to cry.
    tom

Welcome to The Flat Earth Society

It has become a nightmare in Florida. I went or called 6 different pharmacies and they were either out of stock or not taking new patients prescribed Hydrocodone. I finally found a place but I had to transfer all scripts to them. I understand things need to be regulated but they are causing many of us a whole lot of pain and suffering and it isn't like we don't already have enough to deal with.
    Compression fracture L1-L2, Incomplete. Walking with cane and AFO's.