Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What movie can you watch over and over? And why?

Woodland, CA, USA Old male, T12 incomplete TM 2004

What movie can you watch over and over? And why?

One movie that I watch over and over, without ever tiring of it, is "Searching for Bobby Fischer".

I love movies with nice endings. I love movies about geniuses because I always wished I were one. I love movies where good is good and bad is bad.

What movie can you watch over and over? Why?
    TM 2004 T12 incomplete

I have probably watched "Harold and Maude" at least 20 times. Such a sweet but wicked film. Love it!

I always watch "It's a Wonderful Life" at least twice over the holidays. I'm a sucker for Jimmy Stewart!

I know I have seen GWTW at least 10 times too.

(KLD)

For my wife its You've got mail.... I really like Frequency...

"A Christmas Story"...and recently, I've been stuck on "Pitch Perfect".

I've watched the Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, and Before Midnight trilogy more times than I can count. (Sunrise being my favorite) I've seen Across The Universe more than 25 times. There are more movies that I've seen a dozen plus times, but these stick out the most.

It's a Wonderful Life during the holidays and Grease anytime.

Dude Where's My Car. I think I have watched it 100 times.

Blog Entries
    I've yet to tire of watching the Harry Potter movies. Although, with 4 kids between 19 and 8 years old I've watched more movies than I can count more times than I can count! For Just me (whatever the kids are OCD'ing at the moment not withstanding) Serenity, and the Firefly series in general, have been worn out and re-bought twice! Recently I've atched Joss Whedon's cut of Much Ado About Nothing a half dozen times. Although, the most watched movie of all my 43 years has to be either The Wall or Empire Strikes Back.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

1. Any of the Bourne trilogy but especially Bourne Identity for that scene where he rides the corpse down a huge staircase.
    2. Ghostbusters for "Human sacrifice ! Dogs and cats, living together ! Mass hysteria !"

Battle Royale (similar idea but much better imo than Hunger Games), Idiocracy, any Star Trek movie, any Star Wars movie (though I prefer the older three), Lord of the Rings, Indiana Jones movies, One flew over the cuckoo's nest, Sucker Punch. Those are the ones I keep going back to if I can't find anything 'new' (as in I haven't seen yet).
    For the why, the further from anything resembling reality the better.
    There's always something magic, there's always something true. And when you really, really need it the most, that's when rock 'n roll dreams come true. Meat Loaf