Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anybody else put the Placard on the drivers window when no HP spots available?

Get a cone! I can park wherever. People usually don't mess with a cone. It looks official I guess. If there aren't any handicap parking spaces available, I make my own:

Great idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by nayr View Post
    Get a cone! I can park wherever. People usually don't mess with a cone. It looks official I guess. If there aren't any handicap parking spaces available, I make my own:

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Yes, I always place the HP Plackard on my rear view window when I cannot find an open HP Space. I don't know if that does any good. We usually park at the far end if it is feasable of a parking aisle so the door should be clear of parked cars by default.

I have a Sidewalk loading crane that swings the chair into the back of the car. I only need to get beside the right side door to get myself in the car. I rarely drive any more.

I parked in a van accessible spot at our local Wal Mart. It was a beautiful day, so I sat outside the store soaking up some rays. A motorcyclist pulled into the hash marks and parked, too close to my van to drop its ramp. As the guy approached the store, I asked him if he would move to a proper parking space, as I needed the room taken by his motorcycle to wheel into my van. He gave me the "look" and the finger. As he went into the store, my wife was leaving. He said to her, "Watch out for that ass hole in the wheelchair." She replied, "That ass hole is my husband and I can see you parked illegally." He continued into Wal Mart. I deployed my ramp and dang if it didn't apply a three inch scar on his shiny fuel tank.

And I helped,

Aiden Abett
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

Quote Originally Posted by wazabiker View Post
    I parked in a van accessible spot at our local Wal Mart. It was a beautiful day, so I sat outside the store soaking up some rays. A motorcyclist pulled into the hash marks and parked, too close to my van to drop its ramp. As the guy approached the store, I asked him if he would move to a proper parking space, as I needed the room taken by his motorcycle to wheel into my van. He gave me the "look" and the finger. As he went into the store, my wife was leaving. He said to her, "Watch out for that ass hole in the wheelchair." She replied, "That ass hole is my husband and I can see you parked illegally." He continued into Wal Mart. I deployed my ramp and dang if it didn't apply a three inch scar on his shiny fuel tank.

And I helped,

Aiden Abett
    BRILLIANT. And now when I tell motorcycle drivers who don't seem to give a shit about it being illegal that "some people will just go ahead and deploy their ramps into your motorcycle, and you really don't want that" its not just a scare tactic its true.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

wazabiker, awesome! And I so needed a good laugh.
    There's always something magic, there's always something true. And when you really, really need it the most, that's when rock 'n roll dreams come true. Meat Loaf

Yeah. If this SCI stff was not so funny, it would be damn serious. Gotta laugh at some of the ridiculous situations we manage to get ourselves in.

Buck Nekked
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now