Thread: Blocked IP Address

Blocked IP Address

My friend Chak, a fellow member here, cannot log-in because of blocked IP address. Why was this? How can it be unblocked? He said he doesn't do anything unusual, just read posts, but it just happened all of a sudden.

Probably a mistake by our anti-spam software. I just checked and the IP is not blocked. Please let me know if he can log in.

Thanks, Jim

He still cannot log-in. He forwarded an image of his computer screen showing IP address blocked but when I tried to upload here, I cannot. There was a red exclamation point beside the file I'm uploading.

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    He still cannot log-in. He forwarded an image of his computer screen showing IP address blocked but when I tried to upload here, I cannot. There was a red exclamation point beside the file I'm uploading.
    Has your friend try power Off and On the internet modem....

Have Chak send a message through the Contact Us link. The message will include his IP so we can unblock it.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

I think his IP has changed because the one he registered with is clear ...

His IP has definitely changed. Once we can get his new IP, the ban can be lifted.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards View Post
    Have Chak send a message through the Contact Us link. The message will include his IP so we can unblock it.
    He did this and also sent an email but got no reply yet.

Did he change browsers? I always use Firefox. Yesterday after being on CC for a bit I logged off and switched to IE and tried to log back on. After several attempts it would not let me in. I jumped off IE and back to Firefox and got logged right back into CC. So I am suggesting the logon system might be browser dependent for some odd reason. It is in my case.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Western Australia - Hammer wielding daemon
    Some bad sites block users of privacy software like Tor. Bypass the tree of morons and contact members of the board.