Thread: Quad Handles for phones and such.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA

Quad Handles for phones and such.

I need a few handles for the telephone, hairbrushes and other things. The Phone Pal Phone Holder costs $25 for 2 and you know that it only costs a few cents to make. Another type is the Universal Hand Clip for about $7 or 8 bucks but is way too tight for my hand.

Has anyone found some other ones?

If my hands worked, I would go to the shop and just make a few out of some gutter grade aluminum, then burnish the edges.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 09-29-2014 at 07:33 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

I use and sell these

You could make your own or something like them. We haven't been selling them lately and have moved on to other things. Name:  Picture 005.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  236.3 KBName:  Picture 009.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  228.1 KBName:  Picture 012.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  230.0 KBName:  Picture 014.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  190.8 KBName:  Picture 018.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  225.1 KB
    ^^(A)^^

For my last phone, I bought a very cheap wooden door knob at a big Woodies (like Home Depot) and stuck it on the back of the phone with extra strong velcro. It never budged when I was using it, no matter how hard I treated it, and if I ever had to remove it, it took 2 hands and plenty of concentration!

I had a friend with an auto body shop and he gave me a roll of double face tape that they use to attach trim/moldings (trim tape). The stuff is made by Wurth Company and is super strong. It's stronger than velcro and I think 3M makes it to, we use it for everything!
    ^^(A)^^

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Darty, I think that I bought a couple of white ones like yours from someone on here. It's very difficult to hold and use a hairbrush unless the handle fits snug around the hand. The metal one I have came with a strap that velcroed around a telephone receiver. I cut the strap off, taped it on a brush and it works about the best because I can squeeze it tight.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

This little gadget, http://www.ibondi.com/products/bondi-hang-it-on.html, works really well on my cell phone. I know several other quads who swear by it also.

For a hairbrush, I use one of these. Less than a buck.
    http://www.sallybeauty.com/pocket-br...efault,pd.html

I have short hair, but someone with longer hair could get a similar palm brush with longer bristles at a pet store. I use one on my golden retriever. My weak grip is useless on a conventional brush.

For many other applications, I use 1" wide strips of the low temperature heat formable plastic, formed into a "C" shape with sticky-back velcro on the outside of the straight section. Whatever I need to handle has the mating velcro on it.