Thread: I got pressure mapped the other day?

I got pressure mapped the other day?

I still have a sore on my thigh back gets better and worse and better and worse. I've been using a Roho Hybrid Elite which is the mix of the Roho cushion around my ischiums and the Jay bottom for the rest of it. It's very customizable and we had it set up where there was very little pressure in the area where my sore is. It always mapped pretty good but lately I think it leaks. I went back to my PT a few days ago to try out another Roho High-Profile Quattro. This is what it looked like:
    Name:  pressuremap002_zps85ae9ab1.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  44.5 KB
    I don't think it gets any better than that and that's in my manual chair. Woo hoo. Finally, it's awesome.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Very nice pressure mapping!
    There's always something magic, there's always something true. And when you really, really need it the most, that's when rock 'n roll dreams come true. Meat Loaf

Very Nice!!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Thanks guys. Maybe someone can put that picture is a sticky so people understand what pressure mapping is. I've had some bad ones to but I'm not sure if I've taken pictures. Hopefully one of the nurses sees this
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Here is an example of a not very good pressure map of the buttocks. You can see the mapping pad under the man's buttocks (the blue pad between him and the cushion). The bright red areas have very high pressures, with pressures descending through yellow, green, dark blue, and light blue. The bright red areas on this map are the ischial tuberosities (sitting bones):

Name:  seating-screenshot.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  94.8 KB

(KLD)