Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hand rims

Do you know if he has a booth? I sent him a message yesterday - I'm only going to be there for Friday and Saturday, but his stuff is definitely one of the products I'd like to look at if I can.

Do we have any idea how much these would cost (ballpark), or even if we can get them here (US)? It IS exciting that you all will be able to actually SEE them!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAdams View Post
    Do you know if he has a booth? I sent him a message yesterday - I'm only going to be there for Friday and Saturday, but his stuff is definitely one of the products I'd like to look at if I can.
    Still waiting for his answer, I will put you in touch as soon as I get a response.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
    Do we have any idea how much these would cost (ballpark), or even if we can get them here (US)? It IS exciting that you all will be able to actually SEE them!
    I am pretty sure they ship anywhere. The website says 560$CAD for a pair (about 510$ US) plus shipping I guess. Quite pricey but since the website says Eco-friendly, I would not be surprised (I could be wrong) that you can just change the grippy part when it is not good anymore, which should be much less and worth the initial cost in the long run.

I'm pretty excited about these - my hands are so beat up from 20+ years of beating on racing chair wheels, that these could be a really great option for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAdams View Post
    I'm pretty excited about these - my hands are so beat up from 20+ years of beating on racing chair wheels, that these could be a really great option for me.
    I can understand that. I am just afraid that what paras will like, quads won't like as much and vice versa. For example, I am pretty sure that paras would prefer if the underside was not too grippy so that it won't burn going fast downhills, but a quad like me would prefer grippy for better control going down (not too fast ). We will see, I guess I will only hear from him tomorrow morning since it's already past midnight there.

Jeff, I just saw on their website that they will be teaming with MBL Poland and share a booth:

http://www.rehacare.com/cipp/md_reha...prod_datasheet

Here is a pic of their collaborative wheel (not a good pic but ...):

Thanks for the tip - MBL was one of my planned stops.

PM sent to you Jeff.

Another thing that I seem to gather from their website is that the "pushing surface" seems to be made from what is being used for windsurf wishbones grip or similar, and it should still offer good grip in WET conditions. THAT would really be a winner for me. I am like an idiot when trying to climb a hill when the hand rims are wet, I injured my shoulder a few times this way.