Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: hand rims

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question hand rims

I'm tired of vinyl coated hand rims; Two sets have peeled something awful! I can't afford the real expensive ones or don't want anything too "tacky" feeling. I'm considering foam. Does anyone know if the foam is tough like the covering on swing-away arm rests or is it soft, fragile foam like a Nerf ball? I think I'd like it if it were like my arm rests, which is also the covering I have on my foot rest. Thanks all!

I use sparkle foam, but they eventually peel that's unavoidable. They're not good with wet hands or wet weather either but the grip is great.

You may find that more expensive but more durable covered rims are actually less expensive over their life cycle. My expensive Q-grips are in great shape at twice the life of the preceeding vinyl coated rims. At this rate of damage, I see no reason they should not last at least 3-4 times as long as the vinyl coated rims.

Thanks WHEELAS416 and endo_aftermath for responding. You could have a point, "endo" about cost. It would still be nice to have an answer about whether the "foam" I "see" is rugged like my swing-away arm rests. They and my footrests are years old and show no wear! "Somebody" should make push rims out of THAT if they haven't already.

Last edited by JeffAdams; 09-21-2014 at 09:42 PM.

Thanks a lot! The bbraver ones look particularly interesting, and what a great story! Trying to find out more.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffAdams View Post

Hi, I live in the same province (Quebec) as the bbraver company and I made contact with the owner. I will report here as soon as I can get my hands on a pair to try.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

That would be GREAT! Thanks, JGNI!

I'm going to RehaCare in Germany (trade show) this weekend, so I'll likely get to see some in person too - will update when possible.

Yes Jeff, Marco Pilotto is already in D?sseldorf.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)