Thread: iOS8

iOS8

HOOORAY! iOS8 has successfully ridded me of almost a gigabyte of storage off my iPhone. Looks like my iPad will not be receiving the "upgrade". STEVE JOBS R.I.P.

p.s. thanks for the U2 album. It sucks.

LOL - some of those songs are oldies remixed. Took me an hour to load it and I had to erase 3/4's of my photos on the phone (they're backed up anyway). All set for iphone 6! lol ...
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I feel like I should know this but have not taken the time to really understand iCloud.

PLS Disregard question. Did my homework and think I understand what i need to do.

My question:if I purchase the 20GB or more of iCloud storage for the monthly fee , will that allow me to make the IOS8 update to my iPad2 without having to /delete/create more memory?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ChesBay; 09-24-2014 at 12:24 AM. Reason: eta : I obtained answer to question since posting

I have an iPad 3 and am waiting for a couple of subreleases before upgrading from iOS 7. I have heard too many reports of WiFi bugs and update problems. Also, I feel like I only just got used to iOS 7 (which at first I hated but after a while I learned to like a lot).

However, I demoed the dictation of the iPhone 6 at the Apple Store, and it's pretty good. Much, much better than the iOS 7 dictation. Still, trying to run new OS's on old hardware can lead to lots of headaches, so it may be a while before I upgrade. If I did upgrade, I would start by backing up the iPad to iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    HOOORAY! iOS8 has successfully ridded me of almost a gigabyte of storage off my iPhone. Looks like my iPad will not be receiving the "upgrade". STEVE JOBS R.I.P.

p.s. thanks for the U2 album. It sucks.
    I agree I hate the U2 album also...

Apple yanks iOS 8 update after series of snafus

NEW YORK — Apple pulled its iOS 8.0.1 update shortly after releasing it following reports that it impacted users' cellular service and access to the Touch ID fingerprint scanner.

On Wednesday, Apple introduced the update as a remedy for a snag with HealthKit apps and other maladies that afflicted the first version of the company's new mobile operating system software for iPhones and iPads.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/c...ixes/16157303/
    ^^(A)^^