Thread: Cushions?

Cushions?

I am not sure who made it, but the cushion I lost was awesome. It was made using the same technology using a honeycomb like structure. It apparently is the same thing that Nike uses for the soles of their Nike air shoes. It was not only machine washable, but also extremely comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpybushman
    For the past 20 yrs I've used Invacare's Ulti-Mate foam type cushion. I replace my cushions every 2 years and I'm due for a new one so I looked on Sportaid's site and didn't see my cushion so I called and was told that Invacare discontinued my cushion. So has anyone got any good suggestions for a foam type cushion?
    I tried a Jay years ago but due to me having sensation in my butt I found it to be way uncomfortable.
    Sitting on an Ulti-Mate cushion right now (powerchair). I've never liked it. A couple of months ago I got a ROHO Quadra for my manual it's the most comfortable I've ever been. I can't afford to get one for my power (different seat size - DME idea). If there's something more comfortable than a ROHO than I'll have to meet it.

Check out the Varilite range. I am really liking them, especially as a fan of foam

I went with a Supracor Classic XS cushion and this cushion is so comfortable and cool. I really like it and have to think John at bike-on.com for suggesting it.

I went with the Supracor Slimline. Hope it works out well. I had a hard time deciding between it, Classic and Contour.

I liked the fact the Slimline had a seat well and leg troughs. The Classic didn't have that. The Contour was VERY tempting, but a little too thick. However, I MAY go with it if I find the Slimline to be TOO thin. ;)

The Ulti-mate that I had always used was a contoured cushion which made it thick especially up front. If I didn't get my chair just right when getting out of my car I would catch the front corner of the cushion and roll the cushion up in under me. The Supracor Classic XS is all one thickness and I have no problems with it like I did with my old cushion.
    Another thing that I really like about the Supracor is it doesn't even come close to being as hot as my old cushion was.

the classic xs is the best all around cushion. I use a modded sport on my RX. Love these cushions. best there is imo. stumpy, so glad the cushion is what you needed. I thought it would be the best fit for you.
    John