Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for what everyone is using for electric outdoor chairs.

Still looking for what people are using....
    Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!

ive replied to your other post, i use the quickie rwd line ... either the p-222se or the s-626 s-636 s-646 which has replaced the p-220 ... they still make the p-222se but most insurances dont cover cost as its a group 4 chair ... the s line are mostly group 3 chairs covered by most insurances including medicare and medicaid .... if you opt for the se version which consists of the 4 pole 8.5 mph motors that moves it up to a group 4 chair .. i have never gotten stuck in my chair due to terrain unless it was a soft sand .... the 2 pole 6.5 mph motors are strong and fast in my 8 years using these chairs ive only needed to replace a set of brushes in the motors once ....

I have a Wheelchairs of Kansas bariatric chair, sucker is built like a tank, rear wheel drive I mounted tractor tread tiller tires on it, has wide caster wheels up front. Wish it had more torque though, as well as ground clearance. I think my chair is finally going to get a makeover this winter, different seat, as the one thats on it is like 36" wide, maybe rework the front caster wheels and footrest, as well as see about increasing the ground clearance. Might send the motors out to get looked at and possibly rebuilt. I'll take pics if I do.
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

Thanks guys!

I built an off-road segway wheelchair and it's changed my life. Check it out at http://Www.dylansegwaywheelchair.com

Quote Originally Posted by dylankrapf View Post
    I built an off-road segway wheelchair and it's changed my life. Check it out at http://Www.dylansegwaywheelchair.com
    That is an awesome chair! Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by dylankrapf View Post
    It is impressive. Are you willing to tell any details such as what type help needed if any and cost of parts, duration of time spent for construction. From your videos, it looks like you could sell tickets for rides.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.