Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't decide on a color, opions???

Can't decide on a color, opions???

I am getting my first custom wheelchair.
    I can't decide on a color, I was thinking of going with neon pink Aero Z with color anodized ultraviolet wheels. Does that seem okay for a 19/20 yr old ? or would that be too babyish? If i dont choose pink i'd probably go with white.

Make the choice by what you like/want! No worries, I see my chair as extension of me and want it to match "me"!
    So as the song says, or my closest guess is, 'Don't worry, be happy!'!
    BTW: My last new chair is AmySystem Alltrack R-HD in the cute color of Razzleberry!
    "Best Wishes and Good Luck!"

Any color YOU like is great!! My chair is currently Midnight Blue Pearl - I'm leaning strongly toward Tangerine Metallic for my next one

IMO TiLite's Pink & Violet would look great together.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 212
Size:  18.3 KB
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Personally, I do not care 2 cents about color of my chair. And even less about someone else's opinion. For me, it was far more important "does the chair do what I need it to do?" Color has nothing to do with going from point A to point B. BTW, spokes on current chair are pink.

If you want pink, go for it. You will regret not doing so otherwise.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

I'm a guy who has used black chairs for the past 15 years, but I am married to a woman who likes bold-colored clothes. I'd go with something neutral, as I'm sure you have some clothes that will clash with neon pink. You'll likely be using this chair for at least 2-3 years, possibly more.

I just ordered a glow in the dark chair thats an offish white during the day !! YOLO !!!!!!!

Your chair is an extension of you and what you're wearing. Thats why its important to me for my chair to look good, including not being scratched or banged up. I always suck in my breath if I see someone bag my chair around, whats the point of looking nice when you're sitting in an ugly chair! Its funny too, because I never used to care about that sort of thing, always just wore tshirts and jeans.

My current chair is a sparkly blue. Originally I had painted the spokes and caster forks purple, which was nice because the iridescence gave off a purple in bright light. I got bored of that, turned my caster forks and caster hubs to a sparkly black, and have solid black spokes and yellow rubber on my soft rolls casters. The yellow rubber wasn't a choice, I bought the casters used to try them out. I thought they would clash with the purple and had already been bored of it anyway.

I'm getting a new chair soon and can't decide what accent color I want. The chair will be black, but I'm torn with the spoke, fork, and caster hub color. It was between blue, green, and red originally. Then I found out the green spokes from spinergy don't match the green anodized stuff from frog legs. I would have had purple high on the list but spinergy doesn't have purple spokes. Blue is my favorite color so its easy, but I can get bored so red would be nice. But what if I dislike the red down the line lol, I can be bored with blue but never dislike it.
    Last edited by ~Lin; 09-12-2014 at 08:28 PM. Reason: typo
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

lin, taking care of your chair as you say, I agree 1000%. My family, who I have told about it, do not bang it up. I have no problem telling someone I will run them over with the chair if they abuse the chair. Also lin, just like you said, "you will get bored" with it. There is no problem being excited about getting new chair and all that means, but in reality, that excitement wears off very quick and it is right back to does the chair do what you need it to do?

I get bored easily with things and change them up. Like changing the color of my forks and spokes already. Thats just part of my personality, as my chair is an extension of me. I get bored and change up my hair color and length drastically as a result. Always have, always will. Its nothing about "excitement," and equally has nothing to do with if my chair will or won't do what it needs to do.

Functionality is the first necessity. Caring about appearance doesn't detract from that. It adds to it. There's more than necessity in life. It can be downright depressing sometimes that while others save and spend money on "fun" items, I save and spend all my money on items required due to my disability. Making oneself feel good because you look good is important. Its something I never used to care about, hence tshirts and jeans. When I started paying attention and making different choices, I got the first ever compliments on what I was wearing. It made me feel great. I've gotten compliments on my wheelchair as well, especially when by other chair users it feels good. Life is about more than function, thats just the start.

If you don't care about your chairs appearance, thats perfectly fine. Many people don't. But why try to force your opinion on others and argue against caring about it? It makes no sense. Let people have what they want, it doesn't hurt you.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.