Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ROHO Group ROCKS!

ROHO Group ROCKS!

As a C 5/6 31 year post injury ROHO user I'm obviously very pleased that I've never had any skin problems. Way back in '83, rehab therapists suggested I try a ROHO cushion to avoid skin breakdown which they said would likely occur if I wasn't careful. Purely from a health and wellness point of view, there's no better cushion in my opinion and my rear end will back me up on that. No sores in over 30 years.

But this thread is about much more than a ROHO cushion's quality and ability to keep my skin healthy.

I was in a tight spot in getting a new cushion recently so I contacted ROHO with my situation. We all know how difficult and frustrating DME companies can be, especially if you need something quick and affordable. I have always received great customer service from ROHO but this most recent experience went above and beyond.

I contacted ROHO in the late afternoon from the West coast and by 8:05 am the next morning I received a call from ROHO management offering to help solve my problem. Not only did they respond quickly and affordably, they assured me my new cushion was on it's way.

As I read this, it sounds like I'm a rep from the company, I swear I am not. I've been a member of this forum for a while and have followed some ups and downs that ROHO has experienced. In my book, ROHO is up there, way up there on the A list of DME companies. Their products have probably saved my life over the past 30+ years and their service continues to impress. When it comes to our skin care, not much is more important. When it comes to getting the help we need fast and at a fair price without hassle, nothing is more important at that very minute we want that help.

Major kudos to ROHO for taking care of me so quickly and without the usual run-around. So often we sign on here to voice our frustration and anger about this or that and everyone jumps on the band wagon to share their own bad experiences. I just wanted to share a positive experience this time and let you all know how valuable ROHO is to me. ROHO cushions are great, but their customer service is off-the-scale good.

I agree. I have been using their cushions for longer than I care to remember. I have always had positive experiences with their customer service reps.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Glad to hear you had such a positive experience with ROHO. I have never had to deal with them directly, but am a firm believer in their cushions. C 5-6 quad going on 27 years without a problem.

So...I've got a ROHO cushion on my power chair. Its the kind you have to inflate. How do you manage to sit on it, twirl the little valve (with you "bad" hand), slide the rubber tubing over the valve stem, and pump it up...when you're sittin on it...and then get the pump off without losing air?

Blog Entries
    Our dog ate our 2 week old ROHO mattress, they replaced it free of charge instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by willingtocope View Post
    So...I've got a ROHO cushion on my power chair. Its the kind you have to inflate. How do you manage to sit on it, twirl the little valve (with you "bad" hand), slide the rubber tubing over the valve stem, and pump it up...when you're sittin on it...and then get the pump off without losing air?
    Here is my solution: I over inflate it before I put it on the chair. Then when I sit on it I let air out in small amounts until I have the inflation where I want it. Also, in my opinion a spare cushion should be kept on hand in case you get a fast leak. It would be nice if we could buy two at a time for a discounted price.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I love my Roho. I have a Quadtro. Roho customer service is the best, so kind patient and they really listen. I think it's a very good company. Things are tight right now and the InTouch Flovair cushion on my powerchair is dying. I would love to replace it with a Roho but Roho's are expensive and I'll have to do without. Worth the money but out of my reach right now. By the way, I haven't had any air leaks in my Quadtro and I think it's been over a year. Very happy with it.

Been a Roho user since 1995-1996. Never a skin issue. And superb customer service and any issues dealt with pronto. The finest people. I love them.

I know people who end up with imprints/sores of the roho air cell pattern. I personally use their agility back and can't complain

To adjust your cushion properly go to the Roho web site and down load the pdf instructions for your product.

http://www.therohogroup.com/products/downloads.jsp
    ^^(A)^^