Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Peter Lathrop - Amplified Agility Spinal Cord Injury Regeneration Therapy (SCIRT)

Quote Originally Posted by 2drwhofans View Post
    Heres the FDA clearance for Dr. Lathrop's SCENAR or Self-Controlling Energy Neuro Adaptive Regulator. Initially developed in Russia for Cosmonauts to zap their pain away in space. The FDA cleared it with a 501K because it's similiar to currently avaliable TENS and FES devices.
    http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_d...f9/K092117.pdf
    This is Buzz Lightyears away from the research and progress being made with implanted stimulators at UCLA.
    i've sent for more information. i watched the testimonials online and read the information on their website.
    very interesting.

MikeB,

I deleted the last sentence of post 10. I realized that it may have appeared as a "thumbs up". It wasn't meant to be.
    My scam radar is tracking the same as SCI Nurse on this one.

Here's a discussion on SCENAR from another blog I follow:

http://rationalbrain.wordpress.com/2...ogy-of-a-scam/

MikeB,

I deleted the last sentence of post 10. I realized that it may have appeared as a "thumbs up". It wasn't meant to be.
    My scam radar is tracking the same as SCI Nurse on this one.

Here's a discussion on SCENAR from another blog I follow:

http://rationalbrain.wordpress.com/2...ogy-of-a-scam/
    i realize that. i'm compelled to question (and investigate) everything lately, even if it is another dead end.
    thank you for the info and heads up.

Hi - when I asked this week "how did you hear about us" I heard it was on this forum. I found this thread today and appreciate the questions and skepticism posted. I am part of Amplified Agility so I will share a little bit so you get a sense of who we are and if you want to learn more I know you will reach out. FYI, to address a couple of the posts straight up we are not a medical practice and we don't position ourselves to be licensed practitioners. Everyone who meets us or ultimately works with us knows that Peter is a neurophysiologist/neuroscientist and psychologist - Ph.D. He has been in the field of electromedicine for 30 years as an inventor and neuroscientist. He has a very respectful history in developing the field. It has advanced significantly in the past 30 years just as things like phones to "smart phones" have. Also, we don't TREAT people with spinal cord injuries and in fact no longer call it a therapy or treatment program. Our legal people are really helping us with the right language. To be clear people do not come to us for treatment like the medical model. Our clients do a complete program at home. It is a fully integrated approach based on a lot of science. You can roll your eyes at hypnosis or a "clean" body and yet when all of these things are done all together by people they leap forward in their progress. People who step into our program make significant gains/strides in progress. No one person's result is the same as you all know no one injury is the same. We don't promise or guarantee anything. To address some of the other posts - we don't "practice" in Mexico enough though we are in San Diego. We don't have offices in Tiajuana. You can think of us more like a coaching firm than anything else. We are very transparent with our work and who we are. I invite you to follow our blogs/facebook posts and just learn and watch for yourself as we share results. We have only worked with about 25-30 spinal cord injured persons over the years and yet have demonstrated results such that we are looking to raise funds specifically for a clinical study of the methodology. The bulk of Peter's success over the years is with any type of soft tissue injury (muscle, ligament, tendon, nerve) and chronic pain. He has also worked for the largest of medical device companies (Like Medtronic, Inc.) to develop technology as have I. I was with the neurological division of Medtronic for 10 years after being an ICU nurse for a number of years. My name is Kay and I welcome posts, emails, phone calls etc. We are not trying to "prove" anything until we do a trial....until then we will publish case by case results now that we are giving this more focus, and this increase in focus was encouraged by our clients who were pleased with their results. Thanks everyone for reading....and continuing to question and explore. I look forward to knowing you perhaps at some point.

Re: "Also, we don't TREAT people with spinal cord injuries and in fact no longer call it a therapy or treatment program. Our legal people are really helping us with the right language."

Then consider taking down this YouTube Video that starts out with Dr. Lathrop stating he treats quadriplegics and has restored quadriplegics back to normal functioning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqUtCpgXwck
    Last edited by 2drwhofans; 09-17-2014 at 11:51 PM.

Jewelhunter,
    Thank you for listening to our "spinal cord injured" concerns.

re: "also, we don't treat people with spinal cord injuries and in fact no longer call it a therapy or treatment program. Our legal people are really helping us with the right language."

then consider taking down this youtube video that starts out with dr. Lathrop stating he treats quadriplegics and has restored quadriplegics back to normal functioning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqutcpgxwck
    lol

Thank you for this....I will go and review it. We are working on all of this right now. When that video was created and in fact in the past Peter worked with several medical institutions and clinics and there he did "treat" clients and he has in fact helped many people have great gains in their recovery and yes even sometimes back to walking. Again, every case is individual and different. Currently he does not treat clients in a medical setting. That was in the past. I will say that if you have not yet read Josh Wood's book Relentless, Walking Against All Odds I recommend it. I won't go into why here...when you read it you will apply what you need/want from it. There is just so much we don't yet know right about recovery and what's possible. Since I have never been on this site I would love if you would point me to what to read to understand the basis of the site - it's purpose. I see "Care and Cure" and such "Cure" is such a big word and a cure is not here yet I would like to understand more what this site is about. Thank you in advance.

Jewel, can I introduce you to the concept of paragraphs??

It still appears that this person is claiming to be able to CURE spinal cord injury, regardless of the spin being put on it with the advice of attorneys. That is why my (and others') scam radar is running on high on this. Anecdotal reports are not clinical research, and this group is not going to be taken in by testimonials, etc. They want hard scientific proof, publication in juried journals, and funding by reputable research sources (such as the NIH, PVA, CDRPF, etc.)

(KLD)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 09-18-2014 at 05:58 PM.

Re: "Currently he does not treat clients in a medical setting. That was in the past"

I understand. But you need to update your online information to reflect the doctor's change of careers.

For example:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/peterlathropphd

Dr. Lathrop's Linkedin tag line is 'We help people move from paralyzed to able to agile"

"As well, know it IS possible to regain function after paralysis, even after spinal cord injury. Your body simply needs help with its innate ability to regenerate. Our program consists of treatment with state of the art, FDA cleared electromedicine devices in combination with neuro-psychology therapies and physical rehabilitation that includes neural re-patterning. It is based on a deep understanding of neurophysiology, neuro-psychology and the mind-body connection."

Dr. Lathrop's current occupation is listed as a Pianist/Composer/Sound Engineer and goes on to mention 2 Grammys.
    "Pianist/Composer/Sound Engineer.......2 Grammys"

B.T.W. I like music a lot. Which Grammy award winning songs was Dr. Lathrop involved in composing?
    Last edited by 2drwhofans; 09-18-2014 at 06:58 PM.