Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dr. Peter Lathrop - Amplified Agility Spinal Cord Injury Regeneration Therapy (SCIRT)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2drwhofans View Post
    Re: "Currently he does not treat clients in a medical setting. That was in the past"

I understand. But you need to update your online information to reflect the doctor's change of careers.

For example:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/peterlathropphd

Dr. Lathrop's Linkedin tag line is 'We help people move from paralyzed to able to agile"

"As well, know it IS possible to regain function after paralysis, even after spinal cord injury. Your body simply needs help with its innate ability to regenerate. Our program consists of treatment with state of the art, FDA cleared electromedicine devices in combination with neuro-psychology therapies and physical rehabilitation that includes neural re-patterning. It is based on a deep understanding of neurophysiology, neuro-psychology and the mind-body connection."

Dr. Lathrop's current occupation is listed as a Pianist/Composer/Sound Engineer and goes on to mention 2 Grammys.
    "Pianist/Composer/Sound Engineer.......2 Grammys"

B.T.W. I like music a lot. Which Grammy award winning songs was Dr. Lathrop involved in composing?
    "Can't Touch This" and "A Bridge Over Troubled Science"

Thanks for your perspectives. Having been in the medical/healthcare professional and medical device industry most of our careers we understand more than most what it takes to get to the point of providing hard scientific proof, publication in juried journals, and funding by reputable research sources (such as the NIH, PVA, CDRPF, etc.) I look forward to meeting and knowing those of you who have this background as well. Given our backgrounds it is why it is part of our plans to provide such proof. Keep up your great work...

PS: in a new paragraph - we have made no changes today and no video has become "unavailable" as a result of this thread despite what 2drwhofans posted. It is still there. As it was suggested it is being reviewed for edit as necessary as we take feedback seriously. Thanks all...

Your video was unavailable for a while yesterday. When it came back up, I deleted my post.

But, if anyone missed the opportunity on Youtube, they could have easily found it on your Indiegogo fundraising campaign.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/p...asing-function.

"We are able to return a quadriplegic back to normal functioning including walking"

Somebody tell Dr. Young he's been trounced.
    Last edited by 2drwhofans; 09-19-2014 at 08:19 AM.

We have only worked with about 25-30 spinal cord injured persons over the years and yet have demonstrated results such that we are looking to raise funds specifically for a clinical study of the methodology.
    Hearing testimonials about the results from these patients would be very interesting. Also, necessary in light of little other evidentiary proof you have to offer,

Believe me, I have an open mind and I would love to believe in your technology. However, at this point, you offer little to build confidence in your product and technique.

Moreover, while it appears you are back pedaling to this forum by stating your practice is based more on soft tissue, your marketing and fundraising activities are, without any doubt, specifically targeted to the paralyzed community.

I advise you to get professional legal advise that may protect you from serious charges of fraud and misrepresentation. Since you are marketing to a vulnerable population with a strong desire for hope, the damages could quite well be punitive.

QUOTE:
    "We don't promise or guarantee anything."

People will do anything for money, it's shameful.

Don't go.. He is crazy! I Unfortunatly went years back and it was a nightmare!!! Warning

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Doll View Post
    Hearing testimonials about the results from these patients would be very interesting. Also, necessary in light of little other evidentiary proof you have to offer,

Believe me, I have an open mind and I would love to believe in your technology. However, at this point, you offer little to build confidence in your product and technique.

Moreover, while it appears you are back pedaling to this forum by stating your practice is based more on soft tissue, your marketing and fundraising activities are, without any doubt, specifically targeted to the paralyzed community.

I advise you to get professional legal advise that may protect you from serious charges of fraud and misrepresentation. Since you are marketing to a vulnerable population with a strong desire for hope, the damages could quite well be punitive.

One of our clients shared that this thread continued and suggested we respond. Given you asked the first question I will post here. Thanks for this post, your openness and your advice. We aren't back pedaling at all. Our careers are over 30 years in length. The work we do to assist people with spinal cord injuries is not all we do as we have indicated since the beginning. Clients we have worked with have encouraged us to do more to offer assistance to others like them. We are doing our best to do so. Like many people across the country we have several businesses and the work those business do show up on their own individual websites etc. If you are an entrepreneur or business owner you know and understand this.

Every advance in technology, healthcare etc. starts somewhere. We are in early stages with this program - in terms of how many we can help. We don't tell anyone anything other than where we are right now in our development as a program and what our intentions are. Again, as a program manager or business owner you understand this. As we have more stories to share we will. If we currently can't give you the evidence level you would want to see to make a decision you would say pass. So understood. All good. We have what we have for the moment.

We understand for many people that another testimonial or story won't matter as they want to see clinical study data. That's right for them...that is good. In life we all make decisions in different ways and with different criteria. If you are someone who wants clinical study data from an academic institution you aren't going to take a look at what we have to offer. This is all good.

We aren't for everyone. We don't pretend to be. We simply want to help people who find us - and usually it is people who have hit a plateau - 2 to 3 years out from their injury and they begin to think there is nothing more for them to gain. They do want and believe there is something more for themselves and they don't want to wait till that next big academic study where maybe they can participate or where they simply wait for others to participate to see the data it produces. We are able to help them, they discover more gain is possible. Not everyone in this life has ulterior motives.

Thanks for your time....perhaps I will meet you out in the world sometime. Warmly, Kay

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jewelhunter View Post
    One of our clients shared that this thread continued and suggested we respond. Given you asked the first question I will post here. Thanks for this post, your openness and your advice. We aren't back pedaling at all. Our careers are over 30 years in length. The work we do to assist people with spinal cord injuries is not all we do as we have indicated since the beginning. Clients we have worked with have encouraged us to do more to offer assistance to others like them. We are doing our best to do so. Like many people across the country we have several businesses and the work those business do show up on their own individual websites etc. If you are an entrepreneur or business owner you know and understand this.

Every advance in technology, healthcare etc. starts somewhere. We are in early stages with this program - in terms of how many we can help. We don't tell anyone anything other than where we are right now in our development as a program and what our intentions are. Again, as a program manager or business owner you understand this. As we have more stories to share we will. If we currently can't give you the evidence level you would want to see to make a decision you would say pass. So understood. All good. We have what we have for the moment.

We understand for many people that another testimonial or story won't matter as they want to see clinical study data. That's right for them...that is good. In life we all make decisions in different ways and with different criteria. If you are someone who wants clinical study data from an academic institution you aren't going to take a look at what we have to offer. This is all good.

We aren't for everyone. We don't pretend to be. We simply want to help people who find us - and usually it is people who have hit a plateau - 2 to 3 years out from their injury and they begin to think there is nothing more for them to gain. They do want and believe there is something more for themselves and they don't want to wait till that next big academic study where maybe they can participate or where they simply wait for others to participate to see the data it produces. We are able to help them, they discover more gain is possible. Not everyone in this life has ulterior motives.

Thanks for your time....perhaps I will meet you out in the world sometime. Warmly, Kay
    Can we put money in an Escrow account and release it to you once we have improved or take it back if we haven't improved?

Kay Lathrop - You've had a long, successful journey from a RN to a "Chief Change Agent". Hopefully you still remember the difference between paralysis vs. paresis and spinal cord injury vs. peripheral nerve injury. While producing and editing your company's video about curing spinal cord injury, you focus on the story of a young man treated by your program. The link is in an earlier post.

That young man has made his OWN promotional video entitled "Paradigm Paralysis".

Synoposis:
    "A man recovers from paralysis with new age technology after involvement in a motorcycle accident. In an effort to find his purpose, Keith Cammell realizes he is at the birth of a paradigm shift, but only if society is willing to accept change ."

http://vimeo.com/81615360

If I'm not mistaken, his stated story is of left leg nerve damage following a motorcycle accident. He goes on to describe progressive atrophy of his vastus lateralis and eventually suffering a functional gait decline. A few years after his injury, he has gone from using a cane to a walker. He eventually makes the decision to use a wheelchair.

Generally speaking, that's not what's happened to the members of this forum and that's not what you're claiming to cure.
    Last edited by 2drwhofans; 10-12-2014 at 09:39 AM.