Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Peter Lathrop - Amplified Agility Spinal Cord Injury Regeneration Therapy (SCIRT)

Dr. Peter Lathrop - Amplified Agility Spinal Cord Injury Regeneration Therapy (SCIRT)

Has anybody heard of this program or Dr.?

A few months back, I saw several ads for his program on Facebook. Today I received an email. He's located in San Diego area. Treatment involves:

• one and/or two different types of electrical stimulation devices,
    • hypnosis, neuro-linguistic programming and regenerative visualization exercises
    • neural-patterning to facilitate recovery of muscle mass and muscle control lost during the period of paralysis.
    • creating the ?inner terrain? in the body conducive to healing (cleansed, more alkaline, well-hydrated, food as medicine, supplements, as well as other lifestyle choices).

http://amplifiedagility.com
    Spinal Cord Injury Regeneration[/h]During the past 25+ years, Dr. Peter Lathrop has developed a paralysis and spinal cord injury recovery program that helps clients regain sensory and motor functions and ultimately become more mobile. His protocol is a fully integrated approach based on a deep understanding of neurophysiology, neuro-psychology and the mind-body connection.
    Dr. Lathrop?s experience as a psychotherapist (Master?s Degree in Psychology) and neurophysiologist (Ph.D.in Neurophysiology), as well as his deep knowledge of regenerative electromedicine, has allowed him to develop and continually refine this multi-faceted program that helps his clients defy the odds they have been given for what is possible in their recovery.

"Regenerative electromedicine" ? Really ? I suggest you research a good bit deeper. Where the heck is this taught ?

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Doll View Post
    Has anybody heard of this program or Dr.?

A few months back, I saw several ads for his program on Facebook. Today I received an email. He's located in San Diego area. Treatment involves:

• one and/or two different types of electrical stimulation devices,
    • hypnosis, neuro-linguistic programming and regenerative visualization exercises
    • neural-patterning to facilitate recovery of muscle mass and muscle control lost during the period of paralysis.
    • creating the ?inner terrain? in the body conducive to healing (cleansed, more alkaline, well-hydrated, food as medicine, supplements, as well as other lifestyle choices).

http://amplifiedagility.com
    Spinal Cord Injury Regeneration[/h]During the past 25+ years, Dr. Peter Lathrop has developed a paralysis and spinal cord injury recovery program that helps clients regain sensory and motor functions and ultimately become more mobile. His protocol is a fully integrated approach based on a deep understanding of neurophysiology, neuro-psychology and the mind-body connection.
    Dr. Lathrop?s experience as a psychotherapist (Master?s Degree in Psychology) and neurophysiologist (Ph.D.in Neurophysiology), as well as his deep knowledge of regenerative electromedicine, has allowed him to develop and continually refine this multi-faceted program that helps his clients defy the odds they have been given for what is possible in their recovery.

My eyes rolled into the back of my head when I read hypnosis

Mine rolled when I read:

Extreme Self Care Coaching
    which includes but is not limited to creating the "inner terrain" in the body conducive to healing.

I have this morbid fantasy that one day we'll all discover that the cure is something like eating 2 lbs of turnips every day, at the stroke of midnight, and we could have been ok all along if we'd just known.

Wonder what kind of "doctor" he is...clearly not an MD. I guess he is using this title from his PhD in neurophysiology. If he is holding himself out as a physician, or practicing medicine in the state of CA without a license as an MD or DO, he will soon have the state Medical licensing Board breathing down his neck. Wonder if this is one of the many "cure" businesses which actually administered treatment in Tijuana with administrative offices in the San Diego area. My scam radar is lighting up on "high".

(KLD)

Funny Barb, I'll take turnips over brussel sprouts though!

As KLD pointed out, he is most probably "practicing" in Mexico. We will make sure.

After the recent breakthrough with the electrical stimulation where the four male SCIs all had motor function return that the Reeve Foundation funded, I expected there would be a lot of " doctors" offering these types of therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Doll View Post
    After the recent breakthrough with the electrical stimulation where the four male SCIs all had motor function return that the Reeve Foundation funded, I expected there would be a lot of " doctors" offering these types of therapy.
    It was a scientific breakthrough and a whole lot has been learned. A lot more work has to be done and clinical trials completed. A good stimulator both implantable and transcutaneous must make it through the FDA requirements before it's freely available on the open market. There's been quite a few threads posted recently that have a lot of detail in them. I'll post Dr. Edgerton's video when it becomes available after W2W in Seattle, but here's a little more information about the discovery I posted yesterday.

http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy...susan-harkema/
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 09-11-2014 at 01:03 PM.

Heres the FDA clearance for Dr. Lathrop's SCENAR or Self-Controlling Energy Neuro Adaptive Regulator. Initially developed in Russia for Cosmonauts to zap their pain away in space. The FDA cleared it with a 501K because it's similiar to currently avaliable TENS and FES devices.
    http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_d...f9/K092117.pdf
    This is old technology re-packaged.
    Last edited by 2drwhofans; 09-11-2014 at 08:33 PM.