Thread: Modulation of CSPG Receptor Promotes Locomotor and Urinary Recovery-Dr. Jerry Silver

Thumbs up Modulation of CSPG Receptor Promotes Locomotor and Urinary Recovery-Dr. Jerry Silver

Dr. Silver presents findings from his lab's discovery that peptide modulation of the CSPG receptor PTP allowed for remarkable recovery of hindlimb function, locomotor activity, and bladder control in 17 of 20 animals.

PRESENTATION LINK:

That's great GRAMMY. Is he ever going to bring any of his stuff to trial?

Grammy is this video from 2012? Is this a foreshadowing of good things at W2W this year? Last year Dr Silver thought 2 to 3 years for clinical trials of his peptide is he still on schedule?
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    That's great GRAMMY. Is he ever going to bring any of his stuff to trial?
    Hi #LHB#, Dr. Silver will be presenting his latest findings next month at the Working 2 Walk Science and Advocacy Symposium. We'll have the opportunity to visit with him in person and take a look at his latest findings and results on the chronic work taking place. Hopefully the progress on this work is coming along really well. As with any therapy that the neuroscientists are working on, (with favorable winds I might add) a treatment would indeed come out of all their hard work. My fingers are crossed for a good positive report on what is happening in the lab.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 09-09-2014 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by muskie View Post
    Grammy is this video from 2012? Is this a foreshadowing of good things at W2W this year? Last year Dr Silver thought 2 to 3 years for clinical trials of his peptide is he still on schedule?
    The presentation was just this last year at Working 2 Walk. Hopefully we'll be hearing some good progress reports from many of the scientists at W2W this year. There's so many good scientists speaking this year that I'm excited to hear what is happening in a lot of the labs and clinical trials both underway and about to start. Fingers crossed.

Here's the speakers bio page of who will be there giving us updates.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 09-09-2014 at 11:40 AM.

Urinary recovery would be a miracle....Not paying for catheters I might be able to eat food again.

Seriously always good stuff Grammy!

excellent! thank you for sharing.

Blog Entries
    Thank you indeed! These stories help keep me going through the hard times.