Thread: Ferticare - $500 OBO

Ferticare - $500 OBO

It looks brand new and comes with charger. This was $850 new, so my loss is your gain. Asking $500 or best offer. Thanks

How old is it? The batteries only last a couple years, and cannot be replaced.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    How old is it? The batteries only last a couple years, and cannot be replaced.

(KLD)
    Actually, the battery lasts 5 to 7 years and it can be replaced. Mine is less than two years old.

How and where can you get new batteries for these?

Not sure where Brad was able to get his batteries changed out, but the unit is sealed, and when ours finally died in our clinic (after about 7 years), the company would not change the batteries, and we had to buy completely new vibrators.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

When I contacted Ferticare years ago, they're the ones that gave me the battery life info and said they could replace them. I guess they don't do that anymore...

Thank you for getting back to me right away, I will try giving the manufacturer a call just to double check. Wish me luck. I'd hate to have to spend another thousand dollars on a new one.

Mine lasted about seven years too.