Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gabapentin and hydrocodon

Gabapentin and hydrocodon

I had a fall about 12 years ago and fell on my back and hurt my right thigh also now it has come back to haunt me.My doctor has me on 1200mg og gabapentin and 20 mg of hydrocodon a day.I have tingling in my right leg and pain from nerve damage.It just keeps getting worse i had a mri a month ago and the dr said no bulging disc or anything.I have days where it drives me crazy.Should i change doctors or try physical therapy or what.It use to come and go now whenever i walk or even sometimes if i lay inbed the pain and tingling is there.Anybody else go through this and if so how do you deal with it?

No signs of a syrinx? What level are you?
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

I don't know that term but i think it has something to do with the flow of spinal fluid.I don't know about levels i just know it seems to be getting worse fast and the medication is not helping.And iam sorry for not understanding the terms but this is new to me.But the tingling and pain is killing me.

It just feels like jolts of electricity are shooting through my leg.

It sounds likeYou don't have a spinal cord injury but the curse of central pain which is what we get from our spinal cord injuries and it hurts like hell. Physical therapy might help. What kind of doctor are you seeing for this pain? You might want to look for a doctor who specializes in pain management or even a physiatrist. I have days where I don't want to move because my pain is 8/10. I hope someone can help you work this out. It's hell.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Thank you rybread i see a neurologist right now and he said the mri showed no bulging disc or anything and the pain is hell it has changed my whole life style.I used to ride my bicycle 10 miles a day and walk the dogs 2 miles a day.Now i walk the dogs around the block and ride my bicycle 2 times a week.Iam just trying to find a doctor that can help me get some relief.I took a fall on my back real hard about 12 years ago and now iam paying for it.

Do you have a spinal cord injury? Agree w/ seeing a neurologist or rehab or pain provider.
    pbr

pain will drive you crazy. T can walk but have central pain and you never get a break. It has been 8 years for me and I know someone has had cp for 30 years. Doctors don't understand this sh-t.
    argh,wine

If i remember the doctor stating i have injury in the lower lumbar area of my back .Which caused some nerve damage to the nerves going to my right leg.I only wish this pain on my worst enemy.

Any paralysis?
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.