Thread: What other major/niche manual wheelchair companies are there?

What other major/niche manual wheelchair companies are there?

I'm going to be in the market for a new wheelchair soon, and I've been using a Ti-lite manual chair for years, but I want to get a frame that's more tailored to me. What other companies are out there besides the big ones (Quickie, Invacare, Colours, etc)? Does anyone build a custom chair frame to customer's specs?

Check out MikeBox. He's the originator of Colours, which he sold off and now does custom wheelchair builds.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Lasher is in Vegas now…. Per4Max in Texas…

I use a Top End (Invacare) Crossfire, they offer as much custom build as I need. I like a tapered seat - 18" in rear, 16" at front plus a very tapered footrest, around 11" between tubes at footrest (as I recall). I have very long thighs from hips to knees so I also get a 20" deep seat (extra cost option). I believe the dump options offered are wide as well. My current chair as configured is the most stable I have had and I have used E&J, Quadra, Eagle, Kuschall, TiLite, etc.

Blog Entries
    I'd suggest that you look at an Icon (http://www.iconwheelchairs.com/). It is almost infinitely adjustable, and the base price just went down to about $2600. There are a number of threads on this forum about the Icon. I'm making the move from a TiLite ZRa to an Icon.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Glad you're going for it Donno!!
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Me too!!!!!….

You might also want to consider RGK and Oracing.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).