Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New Over-the-Counter Wound Care Product Uses Microcyn Technology

Quote Originally Posted by RLP22 View Post
    I just ordered Vetericyn VF from California Vet Supply this morning. Since I live in the cold country as I have mentioned before I had it shipped by FedEx Air 2 day delivery for perishable items.

This is written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0. The only way to go if you can no longer keyboard. Bob
    Thanks Bob.
    Before I knew that Oculus was going to market Hydrocleanse and offer the free sample opportunity to us, I called California Vet Supply and tried to get Vetericyn VF. I told them I did not want Vetericyn VF Plus. They told me they were out of Vetericyn VF and were only stocking and supplying Vetericyn VF Plus. After you receive your shipment, let us know what product you got. When I couldn't get Vetericyn VF from California Vet Supply, I called around and was able to purchase 8 bottles of Vetericyn VF (not Plus) at Vet Internet Co.com. Ricky at Vet Internet Co told me he was just about out of Vetericyn VF and the last shipment he received from Innovacyn was Vetericyn VF Plus.

I am trying to make a point of this so everyone understands that original Vetericyn and original Vetericyn VF are being phased out and the veterinarian oriented replacement product, will be Vetericyn Plus and Vetericyn VF Plus Wound and Skin Care.

All the best,
    GJ
    Last edited by gjnl; 09-13-2014 at 03:08 PM.

Bob, when I ordered Vetericyn VF from Cal-Vet about a month ago, they had already replaced it with the "Plus" bottles. It's a bit shifty, imho. Either the retailers aren't being advised that the "Plus" products are not the original formula that we all know and love, or they are knowingly selling the "Plus" bottles under false pretenses (the product listings have not changed, and the pictures show the old bottles).

Whats the difference between the regular and the plus? And has the difference between the regular and the plus changed due to the new licensing, and if so what did the difference used to be?
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    Whats the difference between the regular and the plus? And has the difference between the regular and the plus changed due to the new licensing, and if so what did the difference used to be?
    Vetericyn (Original - Using Microcyn Technology)
    HOCl = 0.003% (in original forumlation) 0.004% in the past several months to a year
    FAC = 80 parts per million

Vetericyn VF (Original - Using Microcyn Technology Introduced 7/2009)
    HOCl = 0.011%
    FAC = 150 parts per million

Vetericyn Plus (Without Microcyn Technology Introduced by Innovacyn 8-9/2014)
    HOCl = Awaiting MSDS
    FAC = Awaiting MSDS

Vetericyn VF Plus (Without Microcyn Technology Introduced by Innovacyn 8-9/2014)
    HOCl = Awaiting MSDS
    FAC = Awaiting MSDS

HydroCleanse (Introduced by Oculus Innovative Sciences 9/2014)
    HOCl = 0.011%
    FAC = 120 parts per million

I have requested Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) from Innovacyn, but have not received them

NOTE:
    Some of the suppliers that many of us have used are stating on their websites or telling customers by phone or email that Vetericyn Plus and Vetericyn VF Plus are the same formulas as before, just a new label. As you can see from the comparisons above, that isn't the case.

HOCl = Hypochlorus Acid
    FAC = Free Active Chlorine

All the best,
    GJ
    Last edited by gjnl; 09-15-2014 at 04:12 PM.

Jen di you ask them when it will be available to retailers in Canada? Available to be shipped to Canada - I guess that means it's been approved by health Canada as well.

No I didn't ... they asked for my phone number so I imagine there will be a follow-up call.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Jen di you ask them when it will be available to retailers in Canada? Available to be shipped to Canada - I guess that means it's been approved by health Canada as well.
    HydroCleanse will not be distributed through a network of retailers for the time being. In a couple weeks, you will be able to purchase HydroCleanse by calling 1-800-759-9305 in the United States and 678-213-0657 outside of the United States. The call center will be open from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).

All the best,
    GJ

Used hydracleanse twice since we got it and everything seems fine.

But haven't the plus options been on the market for a while now? I know this thread is not the first time I've seen the plus versions be discussed. So are the plus versions identical after the change other than the process they're being made with?
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    But haven't the plus options been on the market for a while now? I know this thread is not the first time I've seen the plus versions be discussed. So are the plus versions identical after the change other than the process they're being made with?
    Vetericyn Plus and Vetericyn VF Plus have just come to retail outlets within the past month. Retailers are selling the last of the Microcyn Technology based Vetericyn and Vetericyn VF. When they get replacement product from Innovacyn the product will be Vetericyn Plus and Vetericyn VF Plus.

The Vetericyn website has within the past week changed some of their product offerings to indicate that the new names of the products include Plus and pictures of some of the bottles have been changed. The veterinarian catalog entitled Vetericyn VF One Step Wound & Skin Care Animal Wellness Products, has not been updated to reflect the Vetericyn VF Plus label. I looked at a number of the pet supply websites that all of us have used to purchase Vetericyn and Vetericyn VF. I didn't find any who have changed the pictures or product descriptions to reflect the change in name. But when you call to order and ask what you will receive, there is a 99.9% chance that the bottles will be labeled Plus.

I've attached a picture of the new product bottle for Vetericyn Plus and the old product bottle for original Vetericyn. When I find a Vetericyn VF Plus bottle, I will post it. Hey Barb, you received Vetericyn VF Plus didn't you? Could you post a picture of the bottle you received.

All the best,
    GJ

Name:  Vetericyn Plus bottle.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  34.7 KBName:  Vetericyn Bottle.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  34.3 KB