Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728

Thread: New Over-the-Counter Wound Care Product Uses Microcyn Technology

Just a heads up, I called Oculus today (June 7th, 2016) and was told that the free shipping on orders of $75 or more was still in effect, but not the buy-3-get-1-free portion of the promotion. That said, MicrocynAH is $18.33 on Amazon, as of this date, and if you have Prime membership, shipping is free. Without membership, it may still be cheaper depending on shipping costs. Hope all is well for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I was using in the connotation of Malcom Gladwell's Tipping Point. Even posted a handy summary as to the meaning. For a " consumer trying to work out what is best for me" you sure do push out a lot of pro microcyn info. Discounts, contact info, etc.

This whole tangent is getting personal so I will just bow out. Like I said earlier I don't ascribe any motivation to you actions other than the desire to help people
    I have been reading your posts with some amount of frustration. I, too, come from a scientific background and understand the importance of rigour and properly conducted studies. That said, here is the reality:
    -Those with SCI (as well as many with MS and ALS) often require frequent catheterization
    -The face frequent infections, even using porper cathing technique
    -There appear to be NO studies, of any kind, relating to reducing the incidence of infection from cathing or other neurogenic bladder issues
    -There is nowhere near enough research into the production of new antibiotics
    -Antibiotic resistant strains are increasing in number and frequency

I have been reading this forum for some years now, I see you have too. Some that have posted here over the years have had to deal with multi-drug resistant strains, others are merely trying to avoid this. Absent any good evidence from proper studies, many of us turn to anecdote (a not uncommon occurence for people in dire straits). What may seem to you to be proselytizing on behalf of the company seems to me to be providing very possibly helpful information. Personally, I have been using this product for my loved one, for whom I am caregiver, and can only say the frequency of infection seems to have decreased. Could it be something else entirely? Pure chance? You bet. But as it seems to be helping, until I have good reason to think otherwise, we will continue to use it. As, I am sure, will others. With a proprietary method of production, I cannot truly be sure of the stability of the product, and there I have some concern. That said, Hyplochlorous acid does appear to be an effective antomicrobial (I invite you to search the NIH database). I appreciate ALL the posts, both in support and critical, as I think the sharing of information helps us all. And I do wonder, at times, if I'm buying snake oil. But, as our situation seems to have improved (at least with respect to the UTIs) I don't wonder too long and too hard.

Have any of you volunteered for the study of treating the lower urinary tract for infections with the instillation of probiotics?

Quote Originally Posted by Brent K View Post
    Have any of you volunteered for the study of treating the lower urinary tract for infections with the instillation of probiotics?
    Link to said study??? I know I'm signed up for every study and research project I can qualify for, but with no link can't tell if this is one, and can't sign up for it if I'm not aware of it....

ex-Gooserider
    Last edited by ex-Gooserider; 06-08-2016 at 07:25 PM. Reason: fix sig
    T-5 ASIA-B para, currently working on building own power chair, as being in a manual is an EXTRA handicap.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-Gooserider View Post
    Link to said study??? I know I'm signed up for every study and research project I can qualify for, but with no link can't tell if this is one, and can't sign up for it if I'm not aware of it....

ART
    http://www.spinalcord.org/participat...s-people-scid/

Other studies are being done one in the U.K., the other in the U.S., but was unable to find the links.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent K View Post
    http://www.spinalcord.org/participat...s-people-scid/

Other studies are being done one in the U.K., the other in the U.S., but was unable to find the links.
    Thanks, Looks familiar, but not positive...

ex-Gooserider
    T-5 ASIA-B para, currently working on building own power chair, as being in a manual is an EXTRA handicap.

Quote Originally Posted by lost-in-the-woods View Post
    Just a heads up, I called Oculus today (June 7th, 2016) and was told that the free shipping on orders of $75 or more was still in effect, but not the buy-3-get-1-free portion of the promotion. .
    Same here.

Dan

It's a lot cheaper to just get the Microcyn AH from a vet supplier. Same formula, half the price.

http://www.kingwholesale.com/Shoppin...cfm?Item=32860

Kings is sold out of Microcyn AH Wound & Skin. Anybody know where a bargain is. Wonder does the Farm & Ranch replace it?