Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: New Over-the-Counter Wound Care Product Uses Microcyn Technology

BTW a friend I'd recommend call for samples said they had a hard time getting them, and were told its going to be available for purchase in the next week. So maybe they're stopping samples once its available? But it will finally be available for purchase. I'm anxious to know the price.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

I called last week for some samples. I hope I get them.

I'm sure if they told you you're going to get them you will. Did you receive the tracking info on them? They ship them 3 day and send you a tracking update by email.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    BTW a friend I'd recommend call for samples said they had a hard time getting them, and were told its going to be available for purchase in the next week. So maybe they're stopping samples once its available? But it will finally be available for purchase. I'm anxious to know the price.
    Hi Lin,
    Sent you a private message to get more information on the difficulty your friend encountered.

All the best,
    GJ

OK I'm a little slow in catching up on the latest trends on what we should and shouldn't be putting in our SCI bodies in hopes of making them work a little better and last a little longer. At the moment I have too many fires to put out plus keep up to speed with what's happening with Vetericyn. So could someone please tell me whether or not the three bottles of Vetericyn VF I purchased last week from Cal Vet Supply is safe to put in my bladder?

Thank You
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboys_Place View Post
    OK I'm a little slow in catching up on the latest trends on what we should and shouldn't be putting in our SCI bodies in hopes of making them work a little better and last a little longer. At the moment I have too many fires to put out plus keep up to speed with what's happening with Vetericyn. So could someone please tell me whether or not the three bottles of Vetericyn VF I purchased last week from Cal Vet Supply is safe to put in my bladder?

Thank You
    There was a comment on the Big thread about Microcyn/Vetericyn from someone who started using the Vetericyn VF Plus a few weeks ago.
    Mayam stated: "Started with VVF PLUS today. Cut VVF PLUS slightly in case it was stronger. Had no problems. We only hold it in for 2 minutes. So far so good."
    For the reference see: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...oung%29/page35 Post #1702

I have an update on the HydroCleanse samples and the availability HydroCleanse for sale.

Samples of HydroCleanse:
    Currently, you can call for free samples of HydroCleanse whether or not you have requested samples previously. There is a ready supply of the samples available. I have been assured by the manager of the call center that the phones are manned 5 days a week, Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time.

HydroCleanse for Sale: Some time during the week of Nov. 3 to -7, the free sample program will be discontinued and HydroCleanse will be available for purchase from Oculus Innovative Sciences only at 1-800-759-9305 in the United States and 678-213-0657 outside of the United States. The call center will be open from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (EDT). Please note, in the United States we will fall back to Standard time on Sunday, November 2 at 2:00 AM. I should have an update on the price of HydroCleanse and terms of shipping either later this week or early next week.

Many thanks to Oculus Innovative Sciences who has presented all of us with a great opportunity to try this new product.

All the best,
    GJ
    Last edited by gjnl; 10-28-2014 at 04:08 PM.

I have been battling an ecoli bacteria, hospital acquired for over one year. I had a break for a few months where spraying puracyn on the cath and meatus was doing the job. Now the bacteria is back, one month of nitrofurantoin up to four a day and the bacteria was back a couple of days later. Right now my leucocytes are at 22, nitrites are positive and bacteria are abundant. What regimen does anyone recommend with puracyn? I am currently irrigating twice a day, 20cc for an hour. Last night and today I began doing 40cc for an hour at night, and in the AM doing 20cc. It seems to clear up the urine for a few hours but the smell comes back strong and dirty. How would you use Puracyn in this scenario? Culture comes back saturday, but I am hoping to keep antibiotics away with d mannose and puracyn.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

This comment was posted on the Big thread about Microcyn: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...oung%29/page35

Quote Originally Posted by ex-Gooserider View Post
    Thanks GJ, I just started reading that thread a day or so ago, and calling for the sample is on my "to-do" list... I will need to double check my latest shipment to see if I got the old stuff or the "Plus" version... (And see what it does when I try it, considering that I'm sitting with 12 bottles of it...)

I have contacted Cal Vet the first time I had a bad bottle, and they did send me a replacement at N/C - the next few times they didn't say anything, but I can't complain to much as the free bottle has more than made up for the short bottles.... I was more interested in seeing if I was the only one having this problem, and / or warning other folks to check their shipments...

ex-Gooserider
    You raise a point that I haven't mentioned. The samples of HydroCleanse that have been shipped from Oculus Innovative Sciences do not have the spray head attached. The bottles come with a screw on cap that doesn't leak. None of the bottles that I have received have shown any evidence of leakage, i.e., the plastic bags in which the bottles are enclosed are dry. I don't know if Oculus Innovative Sciences will continue to ship HydroCleanse this way when they start to sell the product.

By the by, don't let ordering the samples sit on your "to do" list much longer. I expect the samples program to be discontinued some time next week (Nov 3-7).

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by paramoto View Post
    I have been battling an ecoli bacteria, hospital acquired for over one year. I had a break for a few months where spraying puracyn on the cath and meatus was doing the job. Now the bacteria is back, one month of nitrofurantoin up to four a day and the bacteria was back a couple of days later. Right now my leucocytes are at 22, nitrites are positive and bacteria are abundant. What regimen does anyone recommend with puracyn? I am currently irrigating twice a day, 20cc for an hour. Last night and today I began doing 40cc for an hour at night, and in the AM doing 20cc. It seems to clear up the urine for a few hours but the smell comes back strong and dirty. How would you use Puracyn in this scenario? Culture comes back saturday, but I am hoping to keep antibiotics away with d mannose and puracyn.
    From what I understand, Puracyn is an Innovacyn product. I don't know if they changed the formulation of Puracyn when they changed the formulations of Vetericyn Plus and Vetericyn VF Plus. I don't have any experience using Puracyn. Anecdotally, I know of one individual who instilled 60cc Vetericyn VF (if memory serves me ) every three hours round the clock for a couple of days and "cured" a urinary tract infection without taking antibiotics. That is a labor/time intensive and expensive regimen.

It may be you have a very tough bug and it may take another round of possibly a different antibiotic to get rid of it. Mycrocyn and these other superoxidized solutions/electrolyzed water solutions go a long way in keeping many of us free of urinary tract infections, but they aren't going to work 100% of the time.

All the best,
    GJ