Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New Over-the-Counter Wound Care Product Uses Microcyn Technology

New Over-the-Counter Wound Care Product Uses Microcyn Technology

On the "BIG" thread that Susanne Lewis started about Microcyn in 2010, we have been discussing our confusion over changes in concentrations of HOCl (Hypochlorus Acid) and FAC (Free Available Chlorine) in Vetericyn and Vetericyn VF. I contacted Innovacyn, the distributor of Vetericyn and Vetericyn VF and they told me they have made a change to their product line. For the time being, you will find Vetericyn and Vetericyn VF and Vetericyn Plus and Vetericyn VF Plus on the shelves of suppliers. Once the supplies of Vetericyn and Vetericyn VF have been sold out, Vetericyn Plus and Vetericyn VF Plus will be the products offered by Innovacyn.

I then spoke with management at Oculus Innovative Sciences, licensor of Microcyn Technology. The licensing agreement between Innovacyn and Oculus Innovative Sciences has expired. Innovacyn will no longer use licensed Microcyn Technology to produce the Vetericyn products, and thus the products are different from the original Vetericyn and Vetericyn VF that many of us have been using with great success for years.

In about three weeks, Oculus Innovative Sciences plans to introduce HydroCleanse, an over-the-counter (OTC), FDA approved wound care product for human use. The solution is Microcyn Technology based and packaged in a 16 ounce spray bottle. The product will have production stated concentrations of HOCl (Hypochlorus Acid) 0.009% and FAC (Free Available Chlorine) 120, which has been tested to be gentle to skin in wound care treatment.

Oculus Innovative Sciences is making limited quantities of free samples of HydroCleanse available to members of our Care Cure Community. These free samples will come in 16-ounce plastic spray bottles. Beginning Monday, September 8, you can make arrangements to receive your sample by calling 1-800-759-9305 in the United States and 678-213-0657 outside of the United States. The call center will be open from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).

All the best,
    GJ
    Last edited by gjnl; 09-05-2014 at 02:51 PM.

Thanks for this information
    pbr

Thanks for that - I shall try this again.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I called the USA toll free number this morning. It took less than 2 minutes to place my request for my free sample of Hydrocleanse. I should have it in about 3 days.

All the best,
    GJ

I called number you posted as well. Lady was very nice and said they would ship out samples. Sounds like be more than one product? Thanks again for posting information. Maym and husband

They are sending me some. Thanks for the info. Is the hydrocleanse equivalent to Veteracyn or Veteracyn VF?
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    They are sending me some. Thanks for the info. Is the hydrocleanse equivalent to Veteracyn or Veteracyn VF?
    Vetericyn VF concentration was HOCl=0.011% and FAC=150
    HydroCleanse production stated concentrations are HOCl=0.009% and FAC=120

As I recall Vetericyn was HOCl=0.003% or 0.004% and I don't think I ever had the FAC comparative numbers.

HOCl Hypochlorus Acid
    FAC Free Active Chlorine

I'd say HydroClense falls between (+/-) original Vetericyn and Vetericyn VF.

All the best,
    GJ

I ordered my samples yesterday, and received them today.

The label on the bottles for sale will be different than what you will get on the free sample bottles. The bottles are white plastic with a screw off cap, a seal beneath the cap, and the spray head we are familiar with.

All the best,
    GJ

Blog Entries
    Ordered my HydroCleanse sample today. I spoke to Sarah, who was very pleasant and said they will ship four samples tomorrow. Thanks GJ!
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

So with all this change that could be the reason for the delay of my order of Vetercyn vf from Cal Vet?

And am I understanding this right they are now going to make Vetercyn that is marketed for human wound care? Does anyone know how much it will cost?
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)