Thread: Wheelchair needed??? recommendation

Wheelchair needed??? recommendation

What is the best US "brand" wheelchair for a paraplegic?
    folding, lightweight, moving armrests & detachable footrests, total width 60cm, height of the chair 50 cm
    come on guys I want recommendation for the best durable & affordable US brand...
    Last edited by drnader; 09-05-2014 at 08:45 AM.

Arguably, TiLite would be a great choice.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

The best brand would be the one that has the model that best meets your needs. And needs are a lot more specific than sizing and options every manufacturer offers.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    Arguably, TiLite would be a great choice.

Despite no longer being a true "US brand", I can't think of another manufacturer with a model that hits all the OP's listed requirements, except perhaps "affordability". They aren't a fortune, but aren't the cheapest, either. I'd go for one if I had the OP's needs.

Does Quickie still make the GTX? That was a right decent folder, IMO. Easier to repair in the desert, too (assuming drnader is still in Egypt!)

Tilite makes aluminum chairs, too (easy to repair). I love my aluminum Tilite.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Generally on this site you will get recommendations for Tilite. I have been in the same Quickie HP for 32 years. Welded it back together a couple times. Its an HP not a Lite. It does not have removable foot rests. I have seen the Ki and would consider that as a new chair when this one wears out. If you search this forum there have been many discussions on chairs. A chair that wide you should probably look for a heavy duty option. A wide chair will put extra stress on the folding mechanism.

I took US brand to mean available for purchase in the US, not literally made in the US.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.