Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZRA Rigidizer tube snapped from welded area to backrest post?? What now?? Thanks.

ZRA Rigidizer tube snapped from welded area to backrest post?? What now?? Thanks.

So- First off- many of you assisted me with my first and only chair Ti ZRA about 6-6.5 years ago! Phew- Time flies?. The rigidizer bar snapped at the weld area where it connects to the backrest post? I hope I explained it so you can advise:

What now? repairable? I know the chair is 6-6.5 years old but it is fine- anyone with experience of this?? Thank You as always in advance!. Daniel
    Last edited by picasso; 09-03-2014 at 10:37 AM.
    Making soup out of mud

Consider posting here so TiLite is more likely to respond.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

sad to hear, wish Tilite immediately look into it.
    The frame is Lifetime warranty.

usually Tilite member surf to this webpage or else write to "Tilite.com"

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    What now? repairable? I know the chair is 6-6.5 years old but it is fine- anyone with experience of this?? Thank You as always in advance!. Daniel
    My son's ZRA rigidiser bar broke in the same place a few years ago (http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...=1#post1542393), but it didn't happen from being lifted by the bar (but we're not sure how it did happen).

Whilst it may be repairable, TiLite may be able to provide a new backrest assembly (which is just the two backrest posts and the rigidiser bar). Probably better than a welded repair.
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

PS perhaps you don't want to mention to TiLite exactly how it broke!
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Gordy- Thank you!
    Making soup out of mud

++! Thanks!
    Making soup out of mud

All- many thanks for the quick reply! Sending good thoughts to you all!
    Making soup out of mud

I had the frame split on both sides of chair where backrest screw in held together with clamps. We sent tilite pictures. they sent me a new frame frogs legs evething but brakes and wheels

my chair was a 2001 model made in sept . I could not ask for better service

call send pictures they will take care of you

So- spoke with TiLite Cust Service who claimed that the titanium frame has life time guarantee- the rigidizer bar is part of back rest and only has 1 year warranty- spoke with her manager (mark?) and he stayed to the same line, sent him photo's showing it separated from the backrest post at the weld- he said he would get back to me-?? to be continued…..
    Making soup out of mud