Thread: Finding out who has your back on facebook.

Finding out who has your back on facebook.

For a little while now, about 3 months, my wife and I have been on facebook. It's fun and we've both caught up with people we haven't seen for years.

For me facebook was a bit daunting because I knew there were a lot of people I had not seen in years. some of which that I was pretty close to but may or may not have known about my impending disability. Ive been also worried about some one dropping a bomb on me by outright saying "how come you are in a chair" or worse "when are you gonna tell everyone you are in a chair"...yeah pretty stupid hey.

Anyway, ive been allowed to inform people of my situation in my own time and all ive gotten is support and "well dones" all 'round.

One thing that irks me though, its the people who cant even acknowledge my struggle and or situation...I'll go further one guy I know seems to be annoyed that I've come out and explained my situation and this has somehow taken some attention away from him...I know its a fact...and he fucking knows it, because I am always adding a like or funny comment on his postings because...shock horror...I thought we were buddies. But when its back my way nothing...zip. Equally shocking is the fact that my younger brother seems to be the same way.

These people are musicians and I think it comes down to a simple fact that my music dream was somewhat robbed from me...BUT...I went ahead and did something else and was successful. My thinking is that maybe they think I am trying to take credit for being a musician when clearly these days im not. I will be dead honest I was no Hendrix, but either were any of my old music buddies who these days seem to be acting like minted rolled gold stars. most including my brother are mere moments away from homelessness...by choice...they will not even entertain the idea of a job to pay thr bills.

in closing, here is something telling...The ONE guy that I believe that WILL be a star has gone out of his way to support me and he even said he respects me greatly. This guy has nothing to prove no agendas he's just a great talented guy.

p.s. I love and repsect all my old music buddies, I respect what they do and I tell them...but jeez if some of are gonna be that precious they can go to hell!.
    "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

Exactly why I stay as far away as possible from Facebook. Too much drama and bs.
    There's always something magic, there's always something true. And when you really, really need it the most, that's when rock 'n roll dreams come true. Meat Loaf