Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C5-6 getting in/out of Quad Elite bike with one person

C5-6 getting in/out of Quad Elite bike with one person

its actually super easy. this is from yesterday when me and my wife were out training.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1IbUxIlrMk
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Se
    Last edited by darty; 09-01-2014 at 01:51 PM.
    ^^(A)^^

Good deal, looks like you have a motivated wife, hard to find in this day and age, at least most of the women I go out with just want to be wined and dined and do nothing but sit on their asses. I'd love to find a woman who could help me set up my boat and that sort of thing, I could do a lot more sailing that way. I can't get the mast in alone. Looks like you guys must do a lot of riding, that's great.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

yes, shes great. she loves training. we ride 3x week. awesome getting out there together without the chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Good deal, looks like you have a motivated wife, hard to find in this day and age, at least most of the women I go out with just want to be wined and dined and do nothing but sit on their asses. I'd love to find a woman who could help me set up my boat and that sort of thing, I could do a lot more sailing that way. I can't get the mast in alone. Looks like you guys must do a lot of riding, that's great.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Roll on!
    Nice background as well.
    SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
    T4,5,6 Incomplete
    Chair: TiLite TR3

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    What type of harness did you finally choose?
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

I stuck with mesh u-sling and extended the leg loops to keep me at 90 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by forestranger52 View Post
    What type of harness did you finally choose?
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

rain or shine. poured all day
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_dIOouoyUg
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

I'm sorry maybe it's me and I respect the fact that you are out exercising and getting in better shape but that does not look like an EASY transfer at all. I clicked on this post and thought I would see a new easy independent or somewhat independent transfer from a chair to your arm bike but it looks like a lot of work for your wife.

Who packs the bike up and gets it out at your destination? Who gets the sling under you? Who puts your gloves on? Straps your feet in? I see who does all the pumping up and down and the positioning of both you and the bike. I don't know maybe I'm wrong but it looks like a lot of work for her, there must be an easier way
    ^^(A)^^

you can make excuses or get it done , we get it done.
    1. we pack the bike. I lift front wheel in the back, she pushes it in. she removes right wheel while I do left.
    2. sling is stupid easy, nothing under your but. I slip it behind my back then leg loops under my thighs
    3. I put my wrist wraps on

just like night before. I get our camelbaks filled with water and electrolyte powder while she airs tires.

that's what being married is all about, teamwork. nothing better than leaving the chair behind and training together. nothing more important than fitness and being able to do it together is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by darty View Post
    I'm sorry maybe it's me and I respect the fact that you are out exercising and getting in better shape but that does not look like an EASY transfer at all. I clicked on this post and thought I would see a new easy independent or somewhat independent transfer from a chair to your arm bike but it looks like a lot of work for your wife.

Who packs the bike up and gets it out at your destination? Who gets the sling under you? Who puts your gloves on? Straps your feet in? I see who does all the pumping up and down and the positioning of both you and the bike. I don't know maybe I'm wrong but it looks like a lot of work for her, there must be an easier way
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com