Thread: Please help - INTENSE pain from redness in private area

Exclamation Please help - INTENSE pain from redness in private area

I'm a C6/7 SCI. I have struggled off and on for years with discomfort in this area but it has intensified in the last year. It's mostly around the vagina area. It's EXTREMELY painful! Is it diaper rash? candida? I use lidocaine and diaper rash cream everyday trying to prevent it but it still comes and goes. I stopped using baby wipes and now only use dry wipes that my caregivers wet with water. They then use a dry one to remove any moisture. I've tried candida medication as well. I do struggle with chronic yeast infections but currently do not have a discharge but yet I'm red and in much pain. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
    Even though it's not well with my body,
    it is well with my soul.

The pain may also be from hemmroids. I have huge ones often.
    Even though it's not well with my body,
    it is well with my soul.

Are all of your self treatments over the counter? Maybe you need a prescription. If the yeast creams or powders don't work you may need to have it looked at by your provider or a dermatologist or a gynecologist. You need to use daily soap and water, rinse well, and air dry. If you are really active you are also sweating which adds to the moisture in your perineal area. Antifungal powders help wick away the sweating.

pbr

My husband has had a lot of issues in the area.. we do apply some yeast infection cream from time to time, but the best cure seems to still be just showering often, keeping dry, and the ever wonderful "frog" position. We've cured some nasty looking stuff just doing that..hope u feel better!

I had a groin rash for years, it was worse in summer months, and tried all the over the counter treatments for jock itch and diaper rash. Nothing worked. A few years ago my doctor recommended washing the area daily with Hibiclens Antiseptic/Antimicrobial Skin Cleanser. The rash was gone in approximately ten days. I continue to use it everyday and have been rash free ever since.

Blog Entries
    I use a combination of 1 part ketoconazole and 2 parts OTC triple antibiotic.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury