Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW Bike-on quad elite with electronic shifting

I'm on 700c all around, but I'm going to go to a 20" setup in the back and 700c up front on one that I'm starting to build - will be a carbon frame kneeler with an aluminum fork.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAdams View Post
    I'm on 700c all around, but I'm going to go to a 20" setup in the back and 700c up front on one that I'm starting to build - will be a carbon frame kneeler with an aluminum fork.
    i'd rethink that. feedback hasn't been great on the 20's.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

why was this moved, I thought we clarified that with no pricing etc. its ok to post new products?
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    reason for this setup is the ability to shift without advancing the cranks. ex-if you get stuck in a hill in wrong gear then you just downshift, cant do that with derailleur and cassette. as a quad it has been HUGE for me and the drivetrain loss is so minimal the end result is worth it.
    I got that. I actually been owning a bike myself with IGH and did some races with it. Couldn't match the other guys and got another bike with conventional Di2. After that the speed increased and I got into the game again. As I said, Alfine is very practical and good if you ride recreational. However, I wouldn't recommend it for someone who's serious about racing.

BTW... I'm a quad too.

everyone is different. I've ran both and find the alfine di2 far superior. if one has good triceps the reg di2 would be good but without or weak triceps I don't recommend, for the reasons I've mentioned. nothing worse than getting stuck on a hill between gears. I use it like that every ride.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersBackman View Post
    I got that. I actually been owning a bike myself with IGH and did some races with it. Couldn't match the other guys and got another bike with conventional Di2. After that the speed increased and I got into the game again. As I said, Alfine is very practical and good if you ride recreational. However, I wouldn't recommend it for someone who's serious about racing.

BTW... I'm a quad too.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com